Hello

blondie60206
blondie60206 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

My name is Lisa I am a freshman in college. Righ now im studing elementry education but am not sure if that is what I really want to do. I have strugled with my weight most of my life. All through highschool I tried to manage it and either try to lose weight or at least maintain it. I really packed on the pounds my senior year due to the stress. Since coming to college I have made the commitment to get back to a healthy weight between 135-140 currently im weighing between 178 and 180. When i first started I was 200.Well that who I am in a nut shell the reason I want to lose weight is 1.my overall health 2. when i have children I want to be healthy and set an example to them 3. I am thinking about a career in the miltary and dont want to go in on a waver. Well thats all for now

Replies

• taramarie123
    taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi Lisa!
    My name is Tara. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life also. After having my first child, I decided to take hold of my life and get healthier. I am not going to lie, it has not been an easy road! I have lost around 55 pounds since the birth of my daughter 3 years ago. It sounds like you have already buckled down and started doing something as I see you have already lost 20+ pounds since you started at 200#. What an accomplishment, be proud of yourself. I just found this site going on 4 weeks ago now. I needed a little something to give me a boost, as I had found myself racking the pounds back on since the holidays. Since starting, I have lost 10 pounds already!! I start my day each morning with a little exercise and meal planning. I then go on the computer and put in my full day of meals so I can see where I am with calories etc. I then go in at the end of the day after work and put in anything that I snuck throughout the day too. (who doesn't do that right??) This site seems to be the trick for me. I love it. I think you will do great on it too. The nice thing is that you can eat what you want (in moderation of course) as long as you are accountable for it. Good luck with your weight loss journey. I hope you find this site as helpful as I do. It sounds like you have 3 wonderful goals set that will give you great motivation!!!
This discussion has been closed.