cardio without walking?

I don't have time to walk everyday, what are some cardio exercise that you like to do when you are in a hurry?

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I go to the bathroom at work and bang out 50 jumping jacks!
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    "I don't have time to..." there is the number one problem.
    You have to make time! There are tons of people here that work a full-time job, go to school, have kids...but they make time.
  • robin4u
    robin4u Posts: 16 Member
    You have to make time! There are tons of people here that work a full-time job, go to school, have kids...but they make time.

I know that, I am just looking for what others do when they cant get a walk/jog in.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275

I know that, I am just looking for what others do when they cant get a walk/jog in.

When I can't get a walk or jog in because plans have changed, I just do it when I get home.
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    There are not short cuts to exercise. If you don't have the time to walk you won't have the time to do other cardio. Now you can do lunges or squats in your living room. This will save you time getting ready to go on a walk but in the end any exercise takes "time". You just have to find the time.

It’s not that we don’t have time. It’s that working out is not a priority.

Just like with anything in our lives making a decision to go down a certain road means that we will not be able to do all the things we want to do. Now I’m not saying give up TV (Although one thing I have done to be successful is to cancel cable, this way I can still watch DVDs but I’m not glued to the TV every night.) What I am saying is that you need to look at your long term goals and decide whether or not the small things you are doing are taking you down the road to where you want to be, or away from it.
  • UndefinedLoser
    UndefinedLoser Posts: 36 Member
    I usually try to do jumping jacks (roughly 50-75 if my legs can take it). I might attempt ski steps as well or jumping rope. Hope that helps. :/
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Instead of us blindly throwing out exercise routines, why don't you tell us your parameters. How much time do you have? Are you outside or in? Apartment, house or gym? What do you like to do? Do you have time to get sweaty, cool down, and shower? You can get a decent walk in 45 mins. If you don't have 45 mins a day you should let us know the target we're shooting at.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    You need to make time.

Exercise is hard.
    Losing weight is hard.
    Maintaining a healthy weight is hard
    Being fat is hard.

Pick your hard.

If you have 200 pounds to lose, this is literally life-and-death for you. You can either make time for an hour a day of exercise, or you can spend years in the hospital.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I don't have time to walk everyday, what are some cardio exercise that you like to do when you are in a hurry?

Make the time. Unless you're working full time and attending school full time or working 2 full time jobs (you list yourself as single on your profile and don't mention kids) you have no excuse. It's simply a matter of priorities.