Calling all Wii users!!

Options
Which games have you had success with weight loss? I have the Wii Fit, but I don't find that I'm getting a "true" workout. However, I purchased Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for my Wii and I love it! Has anyone else used this? It's mostly boxing moves and I am getting an upper body workout and some cardio. However, I'm trying to find out if anyone has lost weight using it OR which Wii game do you feel is the best for weight loss.

Thanks!
Red Diamond

Replies

• celestial_girl
    Options
    I like Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii (the PS2 versions have better songs but whatever). What I really like is you can choose "workout mode" and it'll keep track of the calories you have burned, and you can either just pick and choose single songs or you can choose a group of songs to dance to. The only thing I don't like about it is using the arm movements because I find that they don't work the majority of the time, so I just turn off that function. But you can get one heck of a good workout!
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 & 2010. She will kick your butt.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My brother, who was about 25 pounds heavier than he would like to have been, used the Wii fit 6 days a week and cleaned up his eating and lost 20 pounds in 2 months. He now runs 5 and 10K's but got started with the Wii fit. If you don't find you are getting a good workout from it then push harder, you have to push yourself to improve.
  • SweetTXBella
    Options
    have you ever tried just doing the step for an hour and adding weights to it? there is free step on your wii fit game and you can turn it on and watch tv. i lost weight doing that and adding 3lb weights and doing rows, shoulder presses, bicep curls and triceps and 3lbs is more than enough when your going for an hour non-stop.
  • Sarah1768
    Options
    I have been having a great time using Just Dance for the wii. Gets me sweating and I am loosing weight. The way I see it is if your moving, it's better than sitting on the couch!! I have fun with it. No waiting for the game to load, keeps my attention and I can do it with the kids. You just hold the clicker and mimic the dancer on the screen. Simple moves so it is easy to follow the game.
  • ramonad
    ramonad Posts: 14
    Options
    i am doing the biggest loser. it works upper body, lower body and core. it's really fun and easy to follow. it is however hard on your body. 11 pounds in 2 weeks!:happy:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I used DDR Hottest Party for about 2 weeks before I got sick of it. Now I'm saving up for EA Active b/c the wife won't let me sell DDR. lol
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Try doing the the ones that are 4 mets. I use the Free run and run for an hour. I don't know how much weight loss is eating right and how much is Wii, but I know my legs hurt after. :laugh: