No Weight Lost this week HELP

Options
Okay so I have tried to lose weight before, and I felt I was way to hard on myself and forced myself to lose at least two pounds per week. After having gained all the weight back plus some I am now trying to take this nice and slow. I have made a net calorie goal of 1500 calories per day and I do not monitor on weekends. I was not exercising everyday. Just trying to stay active and such. I did strength training and saw some progress.

I lost 6 pounds in the first three weeks but now on week for I have not gained or lost. I wonder what this could mean and what I should do from here on out.

Thanks for the advice.

Replies

• Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    When you say you don't monitor weekends does that mean that you just whatever you want and don't know how many calories you are consuming? I eat 1400 during the week and am not as strict at the weekends but I still track and I find even just going a bit over each day I can put on weight (maybe I am just unlucky). Could be the weekends that are holding you back.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not tracking weekends can be a slippery slope.. You might be doing ok with calories but if you're eating at restaurants and or getting some drinks in, you may be eating more than you realize. And restaurant food is very high in sodium so you could also be retaining water. I would suggest doing some sort of tracking on the weekend, even if it's just jotting things down on paper so you can stay accountable. I used to do that before I got a smart phone - I'd make note of what I ate and did for exercise then Monday morning I'd catch up on the food and exercise diaries.

Two more thoughts...
    1) With the amount of weight yuo have to lose, 2 pounds per week is a pretty high goal - that's more for folks who have twice as much weight to lose as you do. Somewhere between 1 and 1.5 would be more reasonable. And it also makes your current loss something to be very proud of. You're still doing really well having lost 6 pounds in 4 weeks! That's 1.5 pounsd per week on average!
    2) Are you eating back your exercise calories during the week? If not, that might help with your weekend indulgences but there is still a limit.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'd say it probably means nothing. Carry on and see what happens next week.
  • martintanz
    Options
    Start logging your food on weekends and see if that helps.
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well granted I do indulge on weekend but I do not binge. I usually have two regular sized meals and snacks but calorie counting these days makes me feel obsessed with the weight and I can't just enjoy. I would end up opting out on my "indulgence" and eat a carrot stick instead. I am strict when I monitor during the week so yeah.
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I want to enjoy life. Not constantly obsess over the small things. Counting the calories on weekdends takes a huge toll on me.
  • Buddogmom
    Options
    I don't know if this will help you, but I pick one meal over the course of the weekend and eat (within limits) whatever I want. If I've been craving pizza or a dessert, I pick that one meal (usually Fri nite in my world, might be different for you) and indulge. I still try and do it within moderation - like 2 pieces of veggie pizza plus a salad, or splitting the dessert with my husband, something like that. But I don't feel guilty and I don't worry if it throws my totals off for that one day. I think if I did that all weekend, though, I would also either not lose or possibly even gain. I also try to do some extra exercising on the weekends, as I don't have the same time constraints I do during the work week, so I'm hopeful that that should offset the "happy meal"!!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    One week is nothing to worry about. Weight loss doesn't go in a straight line downward even when you're being absolutely perfect with calories and exercise. There will even be weeks when your weight bumps up a little bit for no reason. What you want is a general tread downward. I'm trying to train myself to weigh only once per month because up and down fluctuations drive me crazy even though they're natural and to be expected. I just don't want to see too many of them. I figure that if I do the right things and don't weigh myself on a day when I'm retaining water or constipated, in a month I should see a loss. Should - not guaranteed that I will.