Some motivation needed after the work day ends...

Options
It's funny, I can eat right at work on a schedule and stay away from the vending machine here at work, 1) because the prices are ridiculously high and 2) I think it's because they're located on the 1st floor. But once I get off work and go home, I have no motivation to cook dinner, therefore causing me to either grab something out and to make matters a little worse, my boyfriend is totally ok with eating out all the time (or at least a good majority of it!). We don’t have any underage children that live with us, therefore also requiring a meal per the Federal Law, so we don’t necessarily encourage each other to eat home cooked meals. He works 3rd shift and I work 1st, so a lot of times we’re eating out just to have some quality time with each other. I want to find other ways to enjoy one and other w/o going up a jeans size!! Does anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've had similar issues with after work motivation. I started cooking a big dish on Sunday evenings that I will use for Monday's meal. I also try to plan for a "salad day" where I'll put some grilled chicken in a big salad for my dinner.
  • cjschenz
    Options
    I have the same problem. One thing I am doing is trying to prepare more meals in the crock-pot or have most of it done the night before. There are some healthy ones, you just have to search for them. I am making chicken tortilla soup and threw most of my ingredients together last night (most of them were out of a can). You can also do Italian chicken the same way. That way there is little clean-up to worry about and I have more time to spend with my husband.
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Turn cooking into quality time? I have always enjoyed cooking with my partner. One of us plans the meal and the other acts as sous chef...
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gotta cook in huge batches and freeze individual portions! feel free to add me...