Hi...new here

Options
PaytraB
PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
Hi! I just found this site last week and am still finding my way around.
This is the first time I've tried to lose weight and it'll be a learning process, I'm sure. So far, I'm keeping to my calorie goal and trying to eat in a healthy way. Some foods are surprisingly high in calories. It's quite an eye-opener.
Last week, I was happy just logging in foods and seeing how things came out. This week, I hope to start losing weight. I didn't last week. I think my first weight "loss" was using a different scale and not a loss of weight at all (especially not that amount). From now on, I'll be using the same scale to be consistent.

I hope to get to know you all over time.

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Just be honest about the size of portions and count everything... Move more and you will lose weight. If its working for me it will for you too... This is my fourth major weight loss attempt and I've only lost more once before and it took me a year to do what I will do in under six months... Just stay dedicated and it will pay off.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been honest so far. I do want to make an honest effort. I'm hoping to lose about 30 lbs. I'm not exactly sure what my ideal weight goal is but with the help of my Dr, I'll figure things out as I go along.
    Wow! You will reach your weight goal in 6 months! That's terrific. That will be an inspiration to me. Thanks!