EDAMAME LADY

Options
I just thought that I would share what happened to me last night at the grocery store...

First of all I like edamame.. the shelled ones that is...
If they are fresh then I will eat them raw but if I buy them frozen then I like to place them in a ziplock baggie add a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt to the bag (because I can control the ingredients), shake them up and roast them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes on a cookie sheet. I eat them as snacks

So last night I went to the grocery store with my Hubby. It was a store that wasone that was in the town that I went to for Costco but not one that I frequent. I went over to produce and couldn't find any fresh ones. So I asked the kid (yes kid, maybe 18) where they were.
First he gave me this look like I was speaking a foreign language and then went and asked another person that worked there. This time it was an older than me lady who was slightly plump and looked very tired and ready to be done with her shift. She told him that she would show him and us so that we all knew where to find them.

We followed the lady thru the whole store... I am not joking!! We went up and down almost every aisle (which I could have done myself) until we got to the freezer section where she stopped abruptly (I almost hit her with my cart) and turned to the freezer and said to all of us "There they are" with slight annoyance in her voice...
It was late and I was tired and this was my last stop for the day. So, irritated by the tour as I was, I thanked her for helping and started to grab the one that I wanted so I could be on my way!!!!!!!!

NOT SO FAST! I WASN'T THAT LUCKY

She then wanted to know what I was going to do with those PEAS!!!!! And that she sees SKINNY people buy those things but what did I want with them. I informed her that they are not peas but that they are soy beans... She looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about. I told her how I eat them and she just looked at me (up and down) and said "Wouldn't you rather have a chocolate chip cookie?"

Aside from the fact that I was in a hurry, irritated, and tired I just smiled and said "If I wanted a chocolate chip cookie then I would have stopped at the 5th aisle that you took me down and grabbed them." If I don't want to live a healthier lifestyle and die young then I would have grabbed those cookies! If I didn't enjoy these "GOD AWFUL THINGS" then I wouldn't have wasted your time or my time looking for them!"

At that point, seeing her jaw drop and eyes wide open, I turned around and went to the checkout!

Just wanted to share... Though rude I found this kind of funny today!

Replies

• MichelleZB
    Options
    You told her! Good job! :D
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    Things like this make me laugh. People who aren't happy with themselves like to look down on other people (you know she would go and grab the cookies!). Call it human nature.

I'm glad you stood your ground!
  • xeniasimms
    Options
    LMAO! Good job!
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    What the heck? THAT LADY IS SO RUDE!