people with 50+ lbs to lose - anyone notice?

Options
2»

Replies

• NicoleMensigg
    NicoleMensigg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've got 1 lb to lose before I'm down 60lbs...I've lost it VERY slowly...like over 3 years, part of that was due to making a real change that I could actually stick with...meaning, I've kept it off the whole time. However, I've been at this job for a year in Dec and never see anyone but family and few friends from when I weigh my largest...most do not say anything but when they see a pic from then they gasp at the change.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It can vary a lot. I once had a coworker comment when I'd lost only 6 pounds. How she saw that I have no idea!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Members of my immediate family are all VERY observant with this stuff (except me... I'm the mutant). They notice even 5 pounds of loss/gain even though they see me every day!

I didn't start getting comments from outside of this household until 40 pounds or so.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Nobody commented on my loss until about 40 pounds, but I think that might have more to do with the fact that I didn't buy any new clothes until about that time. If you're wearing the same clothes and they're just looser, it doesn't really show. When you put on something a little more form-fitting, it's much more noticeable.