waking up dizzy?

Options
For the last few nights/mornings I have been experiencing extreme dizziness. Friday night every time i woke up/rolled over I felt like the room was spinning and I felt nausea (I wasn't drunk either :laugh: ). It was horrible Saturday morning and I almost fell down in the shower and while I was doing my hair. I basically stayed on the couch most of the day and then was able to get up later in the afternoon.

Sunday I woke up with the same thing, not as extreme, but still there. A lady at church told me I could be low in sodium? Not sure if thats true or not.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has experienced this before? I eat a balanced diet at around 1590 cals/day. I am still feeling a little "off". Maybe ill just get some blood work done and check things out :noway:

Replies

• VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Maybe you are dehydrated?? When my daughter was young, she was having dizziness and the doctor told her to drink more water.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is definitely something to see the Doctor about ASAP. Three days of dizziness is a big deal.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You should just play it safe and see a doctor.

My Dad has vertigo from allergies to the point where he needs medicine sometimes, and I have a milder version of it that makes me randomly dizzy, so if you get allergies, it could be that messing with your inner ear, but it could also be lots of other things, so it's just better to see a doctor than play guessing games with it.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yeah...totally get your blood checked. It could be dehydration or low potassium or iron, though. Try bananas, whole grain cereal, molasses, and/or a cup of water and see how you feel.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Could be many things from an inner ear infection to dehydration. If it continues or gets any worse I would be going to the doc. try drinking more and see if that helps.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me as though you are suffering from Labrynthitus or vertigo which are both caused by problems with the middle ear. You should consult your GP to get the diagnosis confirmed. It can last quite a long time as the brain has to learn how to balance again. It can be very debilitating, I suffered from Labrynthitus for 5 months earlier in the year. Hopefully yours will only last a matter of weeks.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are dehydrated?? When my daughter was young, she was having dizziness and the doctor told her to drink more water.

I was just going to add the same thing!

Your diary seems fine and as long as you are drinking plenty too. Then I would have it checked out....maybe blood pressure? It could be anything really?
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I had benign positional vertigo a few years ago. You get dizzy when you lay down or turn your head a certain way or put your head down. It is caused by crystals in your ear that come out of the ear canal and move around when you turn your head. There is an exercise you can do to get them back in. My doctor sent me to an ear doctor and he showed me how to do it. It worked!
    That may be what you have but go see a doc to confirm it.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me before. Once it was because I was not eating enough and another time it was dehydration. It could be anything though so it is best to see your doctor.
  • jericamom
    jericamom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds like vertigo to me. I've had vertigo and it's no fun. I suggest going to the doctor so they can either a) give you something for it (there are medications for veritigo) or b) check your ears/ do a full work-up to see what's causing it so they can potentially treat the underlying issue.

Either way, best of luck. Vertigo is the worst feeling I can imagine.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Dr. Appt tomorrow at 11:00am. Thanks for the tips guys :flowerforyou:
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Dizziness is also an early sign of pregnancy for some women.

As stated numerous times by previous posters, I would see a doctor.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I had benign positional vertigo a few years ago. You get dizzy when you lay down or turn your head a certain way or put your head down. It is caused by crystals in your ear that come out of the ear canal and move around when you turn your head. There is an exercise you can do to get them back in. My doctor sent me to an ear doctor and he showed me how to do it. It worked!
    That may be what you have but go see a doc to confirm it.

DITTO ^^^^^^^
    After a year and a half of testing and living with it, the doctors diagnosed me the same and told me I would need to live with it. I ended up seeing my Chiropractor for it and within 3 treatments it was gone. It can flair up, but when it does I go to see him and he corrects it. He uses alot of pressure points in my neck, just below and under my skull. TOTALLY recommend looking into a chiropractor if you don't have one yet. If you do, talk to him about it.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Dr. said it was vertigo and gave me some pills to help with the dizziness until it clears itself up, which he said could be 4-6 weeks. I hate having to take drugs *grumble*