HELP!!!

Options
I have been counting my calories and working out and trying to do everything better, granted i have had a bad day or two but in general i do not go over 1200-1300 cals and one day i will be down a little and the next i am back up what gives ? I am not seeing any fat decrease either. Some days i look 4 months pregnant!

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Well, you look so lovely in your profile pic x

But to try to give you an answer, then maybe you are not logging everything you eat or drink? If you are really eating at 1200 cals a day then you would be losing weight?

I am presuming with the 4 month pregnant look that you are apple shape?

It is really hard to tell without you opening your diary, but if you do then you will get lots of adverse comments, so that one is up to you
  • jessienmiller
    jessienmiller Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well i was loosing , I started 4 weeks ago around 121.6 and yesterday at 118.6 But everyday is a big fluctuation not by just a pound or so. And i havent seen inches gone or anything, I have been doing all lkinds of cardio and some weight training. And as far as shape I am a size 5 and am 5"2 I don't know if i am apple shaped or not but right now i am 36 - 27 3/4 - 36
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    What is your water intake? Water can have a dramatic impact on properly disposing of harmful waste from our bodies. Also, are you doing any strength training? Cardio alone for those last 5-10lbs often won't cut it.

Also, be honest with yourself; a "bad day" here and there adds up very quickly.

:flowerforyou:
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with my weight going up and down and found it is related to water weight gain/loss. I must say according to your stats you are with in the normal range with having a BMI of 21.7
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Eat more..how much r u burning a day only consuming 1200-1300 cals a day...I was doing 1350 burning 500+ and eating back 20-50% and dropped good weight 2-5 lbs a week
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    the joker in me says.... pee on a stick...see if youre prego.

The honest brutal answer.... Any answer here is pure speculation. Not enough information is supplied.

1 What is your BMR
    2 Your diary is closed
    3 Are you 100% honest in your tracking of your foods
    4 Do you have your settings correct
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    I know BMI wise i am normal but last june i was at 114 and ranged from 112 - 115 all the time even if there was a bad day and my stomache was a lot flatter i was a 261/4- 26 1/2 waist and then i was working weird hours and went from an active job on my feet to a sitting job,no exercise and not counting got up to the 120's and i started back to my active job mid Aug , back to working out and being more food concious. And i just am not seeing anychange. And i do drink a lot of fluids in general . I have 4 cups of black coffee, 6-8 glasses of water ,hot tea and one diet soda on a daily basis. I have been eating fruits with my lunch. I just am to a point where i feel like i am just going to be fat and flabby forever. And all my efforts are just a waste of time. I dont like anything i wear and change into several outfits always ending in solmething loose because i do not want anyone to see my roll or back fat!
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    Iam not pregnant , and I just had a vistit from my Aunt Lol,My BmI is around 21 and i look at all of the nutrition info so i can put it i exactly , I even count my grapes.I have even tried eating more because i thought that may help but then i gain. I am 31 years old and yes i do some strength training also. I have been mixing up my workouts so my body doesnt get bored or use to the workouts.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you have a local gym then you can ask to see a trainer there to tone you up some? It does not seem that you are really overweight maybe that you need to get into some bodywork to help you get rid of some problem areas.

I don`t think counting grapes will help you, but I understand your frustration. :-)
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I know BMI wise i am normal but last june i was at 114 and ranged from 112 - 115 all the time even if there was a bad day and my stomache was a lot flatter i was a 261/4- 26 1/2 waist and then i was working weird hours and went from an active job on my feet to a sitting job,no exercise and not counting got up to the 120's and i started back to my active job mid Aug , back to working out and being more food concious. And i just am not seeing anychange. And i do drink a lot of fluids in general . I have 4 cups of black coffee, 6-8 glasses of water ,hot tea and one diet soda on a daily basis. I have been eating fruits with my lunch. I just am to a point where i feel like i am just going to be fat and flabby forever. And all my efforts are just a waste of time. I dont like anything i wear and change into several outfits always ending in solmething loose because i do not want anyone to see my roll or back fat!

Being that you are already in a healthy weight, even if its not the weight you are happiest being, I think part of it is probably perception. I bet no one around you has even noticed that you gained any weight. 6lbs over what you want to be is not going to be fat and flabby. The water and drinks look good, so I wonder, have you always eaten a lot of fruit? Some people have difficulty processing fructose and it can cause those individuals to bloat.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption
    maybe try eating less fruit with lunch, or switch to lower fructose fruits for a few days and see how you feel. It may be a little TMI for some people but consider your bowel habits too, if you are frequently constipated that can contribute to that stomach looking preggers part. I'm to big for it to be noticeable, but I think in people who are already thin it can be more obvious.
    Don't give up, you are so close to your goal, and honestly there are so many people who would be thrilled to be where you are(myself included) If you are still feeling like your stomach looks bloated, seeing a DR. couldn't hurt either. It could be something else is going on and a full check-up would rule out any medical issues.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    Options
    Iam not pregnant , and I just had a vistit from my Aunt Lol,My BmI is around 21 and i look at all of the nutrition info so i can put it i exactly , I even count my grapes.I have even tried eating more because i thought that may help but then i gain. I am 31 years old and yes i do some strength training also. I have been mixing up my workouts so my body doesnt get bored or use to the workouts.

Please re-read my post. BMR is NOT BMI. Throw your BMI out the window. Focus more on a Body Fat %. As for your workouts..are they consistent? You dont give detailed information, I feel like a dentist here...
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    Well i thank you soo much for your info , I just changed my profile pic to a pic from around a year ago for my own support, And yes i know a lot of it is perception and that ten pounds is really only noticable to me . But i feel disgusting fro myself and i am so afraid for my husband to even see . I have always had issues with thinking that i look fat when everyone else tells me im crazy, But it is soo much harder on me knowing that the 10 pounds extra that im carrying is all just random fat,,, I guess i am just going to have to battle my own demons! I just thought some new advice other than my own would be good, And i will be going for a complete physical in January so i am hoping to wait to see a Dr until then.
    My goal is to get back where i was 1 year ago at 112lbs and be fit and toned.
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    "Please re-read my post. BMR is NOT BMI. Throw your BMI out the window. Focus more on a Body Fat %. As for your workouts..are they consistent? You dont give detailed information, I feel like a dentist here... "

Ok so how do i figure out my Bmr? And yes i work out 5-6 days a week for at the minimum 30-40 mins, I switch it up i do taebo , aerobics, step aerobics, dance , circuit training, weights , and abs, always a good stretch to lots of yoga.I work in an Kindergarten classroom where i am on my feet all day and on the go then two out of the five days i work at school i also go clean houses as my second job on top of all my morning workouts.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I can't see how you consider yourself "fat". Perception is in the eye of the viewer I guess. If you want a leaner body, which to me means less fat and more muscle I think you will have to get with a trainer and learn what to do....From reading comments on the forums it seems there is a certain way to do that safely.

In regards to your "bloating" problem. I assume it comes and goes. Perhaps you could track that on your nutrition notes. Then go back and look to see if the bloating happens after you eat specific foods. Any number of them could be the problem from dairy or wheat to certain fruits and vegetables. You're the only one who can track that down.

Keep on looking for your answers and they will come. Ani
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options

ok have you tried cutting out the soda or drinking even more water as soda even diet can make you retain water. It is high in sodium.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    Options
    You can either calculate it, use an online calculator (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) or use MFP's Settings - which uses your age, height and weight, calculates your BMR, algorithms your acitiviy level (NON-exercise) with your weight loss goals).

That is your daily calorie intake.

When you exercise, do you log it? Do you wear an HRM with a Calorie burn feature? Do not trust MFP's as they need to estimate as not everyone is the same.

Are you 100% HONEST with your logging? You need to be.

From there, its defining your diet and exercise.
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    I can't see how you consider yourself "fat". Perception is in the eye of the viewer I guess. If you want a leaner body, which to me means less fat and more muscle I think you will have to get with a trainer and learn what to do....From reading comments on the forums it seems there is a certain way to do that safely.

In regards to your "bloating" problem. I assume it comes and goes. Perhaps you could track that on your nutrition notes. Then go back and look to see if the bloating happens after you eat specific foods. Any number of them could be the problem from dairy or wheat to certain fruits and vegetables. You're the only one who can track that down.

Keep on looking for your answers and they will come. Ani

Thanks Ani , that actually sounds really good . I will just start putting notes in here somewhere on the days that i feel my stomache looks and feels like food baby! Lol.. And i have had more bread and grains lately. I used to have a problem with Gluten a year or so ago and it went away so i went back to eating it a long time ago , Maybe it is coming back again just in a different way.( Prob a little TMI but when i was first having trouble with gluten i lived in the bathroom and constantly had horrible cramps) Several months of eating gluten free then i was good and was able to eat it no prob. Maybe now it is affecting me again but in a bloating way!
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    You can either calculate it, use an online calculator (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) or use MFP's Settings - which uses your age, height and weight, calculates your BMR, algorithms your acitiviy level (NON-exercise) with your weight loss goals).

That is your daily calorie intake.

When you exercise, do you log it? Do you wear an HRM with a Calorie burn feature? Do not trust MFP's as they need to estimate as not everyone is the same.

Are you 100% HONEST with your logging? You need to be.

From there, its defining your diet and exercise.

1204 is what MFP gave me as their BMR, I look for what exercise i have done and log it for the time that i worked out but i also do not usually eat back the workout cals
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    Options

1204 is what MFP gave me as their BMR

Is this with your weight loss goal? Your diary is still closed, so again, I say...I feel like a dentist
  • ERolandoRN
    Options
    All that coffee could be contributing too, but I like the idea about charting when you are bloated and see if it correlates with any food or drink. If it is that certain time of month, bloating is common. I would focus more on toning exercises and strength training and as muscle weighs more than fat, you might see an increase in weight initially but then it will turn to weight loss. I would go online and find some specific toning exercises for those areas or see a trainer and see if that doesn't help.

Does the bloating cause any pain or other symptoms? Does it come and go or is it consistent and did it start all of a sudden or something that you have had for years? If it is new and consistent and doesn't go away, I would make a doctor appointment sooner as it could be any number of things, but as a nurse, I tend to lean on the cautious side of things. I would prefer to assume it is something and find out it is nothing than to assume it is nothing and find out later that it was something, if that makes sense.

You are beautiful and maybe talking to your husband about your feelings will help you through them as well. Possibly a counselor could help as well. Body dysmorphic disorder could be a possibility? You are doing everything right and I know you can do this... the way there may just be different than you initially thought. Good luck and hang in there! *hugs*