I didn't give into temptation

ktrichards87
ktrichards87 Posts: 67
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So today was just a bad day and I don't know why, well maybe I do. I'm stressed out about 2 exams that I have tomorrow, and some family stuff going on. So after worked I stopped at walmart to pick up some turkey burgers for dinner, and the whole time I was there I wanted to buy cookies, frozen meals to make for dinner instead, spaghettios, bad cereal, ranch doritos, and so many other things, but thats just all that I can remember.lol But the good thing about it all is that I didn't give into temptation and I came home and logged all my food in, and I still have enough calories for a snack tonight. Well I made 2 turkey burgers for dinner, and only ate 1 so far and I ate them without bread because that is just unnecassry calories in my opinion. So I can say I'm proud that I overcame temptation once again.

Oh and I decided not to go tonight because I knew that I couldn't go there and not have some drinks and appetizers, which would make me go way over my calorie range.

Replies

• Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Doesn't it make you feel so good when you win over your cravings. I can't say the same today. I had chocolate yesterday, and hot chocolate a few minutes ago. But CONGRATULATIONS to you! Keep it up!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    That is so great! When I give in, I feel horrible, when I don't give in...I FEEL GREAT!!

By the way, I am making turkey burgers for dinner tonight for the family, still trying to figure out what I am going to eat! Making fries with that too so I will be overcoming a temptation my damn self! Wish me luck.
  • when my husband wants fries and I want them too, I like to make sweet potato fries. So yummy! And I can have so many more fries that way, compared to regular fries!
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Congratulations! It is an amazing feeling when you can overcome the temptation to just eat all that junk! I went to a get together with some old friends Saturday night and really blew the 1200 calories! But I got up Sunday and started again! Keep up the great job and remember you are not alone with your struggles! :flowerforyou:
  • mmkovacich
    mmkovacich Posts: 13 Member
    I agree I feel awesome when I dont give in to temptation. But today I did give in. I had a very light lunch and then came home and tried to eat the house. So now I only have 40 calories left for the day and I dont feel like working out because of my crappy binge. UGHHHH. So do I skip dinner? or do I workout and have a lean cuisine?
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Definitely workout and have a Lean Cuisine. I had a bad day last week and realized it around 6 pm, so I went to the gym and bought myself some more calories! I was able to salvage the day to a certain degree, so that I was only over by about 120 calories instead of the 400+ that I was over before my workout! I love the fact that we can redeem ourselves with exercise when we make a mistake!
  • mmkovacich
    mmkovacich Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks for the advice. That is what i was thinking. I just feel blahhhh. Tomorrow is a new day and I will do better. I usually workout in the am and I think that keeps me from being bad. When I get off schedule is when I have a bad day.
This discussion has been closed.