if you could eat whatever you wanted without gaining a pound

Options

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    skittles,skittles,skittles,skittles,skittles.
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just about everything at all of the fast food joints and gas stations. I'd be eating for a while. :)
  • XandyNoCandy
    XandyNoCandy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    And if we DID eat whatever we wanted without consequence, guess what? It wouldn't be special anymore.

I think there's an advantage to restraint and small portions because it makes us appreciate those special things even more. AND if one only indulges in a tiny bit now and then (not every day or every week or every month!) then those things truly are treats and our bodies and souls don't become enslaved to them. I think that idea came from the Epicureans waaaaaayyyyy back before Socrates.

Not sure. But it sounds good!

As for what I'd eat every day if there were no consequences, thick potatoe chips. :tongue:

-Xandy
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ribeyes
    Anything containing olive oil(LIKE POPCORN or a nice pasta al aglio)
    Chicken wings
    Vodka

If I have all those things without gaining a pound, I'd be rid of those last few lbs. But I believe in moderation... thus here I am.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    pizza and icecream
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I eat what I want and when I want it. Of course I weight 943 lbs.

:laugh:
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Oh as if I've never mulled this question over...
    -Pizza
    -peanut butter
    -cheese
    -garlic bread

No silly, not all together...well maybe if the pb was for dessert! ;0
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Chinese. Every day.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake
    Red Robin steak fries w ranch
    Olive Garden breadsticks and Alfredo sauce
    Chips and salsa
    Reese's puffs cereal
    And chicken phillies from Charley's steakery

We just discovered f/f s/f cheesecake flaovred jello brand pudding mix...the instant kind. Had it with fresh blackberries from our produce co-op the last two nights for dessert. We portioned it correctly and used 2% milk to make it. it was SO GOOD...like eating a piece of cheesecake. So, tonight I went to the store and bought more pudding mix and when hubs gets home after work we'll try it with fresh raspberries and also try using almond milk instead of dairy milk. Not sure if it will work, but if so...YEEEEHAAA! Talk about decadent flavor and not so many calories.

Barb
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Pecan Pie.
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I also want to add: Red Robin steak fries (somebody mentioned these too, which I second!) -- Cake and pie -- Frozen yogurt -- Halloween candy (particularly Reese's PB cups and caramels! And M&Ms and Yorkshire mint patties!) -- Peanut butter -- Dr. Pepper -- Pastries (I mean decadent gourmet pastries that are really worth it but still break the calorie bank <3 ) -- Ramen -- Another shout out for pizza -- Everything delicious you eat at Thanksgiving that's made with cream of mushroom or chicken soup -- hashbrowns -- Chicken casserole and lasagna -- Ice cream sandwiches and soft serve ice cream -- Alcohol -- Marshmallows and s'mores -- Homemade cookies -- Chocolate (now I'm thinking about Christmas candy, like chocolate oranges or raspberry jelly filled chocolate sticks) -- Rice Krispie Treats, brownies, and fancy breads -- fancy coffee beverages -- I'd take an umbrella of free passes over every cheap Chinese buffet -- raspberry jelly donuts -- pretzels! -- Cheetos -- Twinkies -- Poptarts -- Sugary cereals --

I could probably go on... *longing sigh* The things I ate in my youth and never gained a pound.

To whomever said "It's not all about losing pounds" or "I can do this [presumably because you have a killer exercise regime]," 1) Regardless of losing pounds, pretty much everything I just listed has hardly any nutritional value at all. ;) So this point is moot. 2) As long as I'm not burning thousands of calories per day to eat back in junk food, let me dream. ;D And lighten up! If you didn't have to worry about the ramifications of consuming anything in any quantity whatsoever, that would be a DREAM. :D
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Alcohol
    Cheesecake
    Cake
    Cupcakes
    Brownies
    Ice Cream
    Chocolate
    Cookies
    All I can eat chips and salsa out, I don't usually eat them at home but out at a Mexican Restaurant and I just can't stop eating them.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    all things pumpkin. Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin curry soup, etc.. (you get the picture). The holidays are tricky times for me because of it :D

A runner up though is red velvet cake (yes, including the Ben & Jerry's ice cream too)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Ribeyes
    Anything containing olive oil(LIKE POPCORN or a nice pasta al aglio)
    Chicken wings
    Vodka

If I have all those things without gaining a pound, I'd be rid of those last few lbs. But I believe in moderation... thus here I am.
    We all know how much you love your popcorn and vodka.

But yea, what she said. That whole moderation thing.

However, moderation goes out the window when I encounter baked goods, so I guess that would be my thing.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I would eat the same as I do now. I'm more about healthy than gaining/losing weight. Although, I have to admit, I would have a few more icecreams than I currently do :bigsmile:
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Hot wings
    Ribeye
    Pizza
    Pasta
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Pizza, toasted French bread with butter, bacon, hot dogs, baklava, whipped cream...ok it endless...lol
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    An entire box of Mac-n-cheese or shells & cheese, my Grandma's homemade bread fresh from the oven smothered in butter ... Cheesecake, all kinds. Whatchamacallit candy bars.. Doritos, cheesy popcorn, tacos, I could go on and on!!!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Havarti and brick cheese on sourdough with artichoke hearts, butter AND mayonnaise!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I would eat giant cinnamon rolls, pints of Ben & Jerry's, drink vanilla vodka with wonderfully sugary root beer, and OD on cupcakes of any kind.