Back problems

Options
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the sciatic nerve.
I hurt my back 12-24 and about a week after I started experiencing pain in my right
hip that ran down my leg. Very painful at night. Makes it very difficult to excercise and it
seems like this whole diet thing is not working like I thought it would without excercising.
I am getting depressed because of the pain and not getting the weight off without the excercising!
Any suggestions????:sad:

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a chiropractor? A good chiro can help with the pain. I thought they were quacks, but then I started seeing my husband's chiro & he's phenomenal! When I have any kind of ache, I call him instead of my family doctor, and the chiro fixes it every single time, without fail. He also started me on my weight loss journey, because he also practices internal medicine.
    Definitely look into finding an outstanding one. You'll be surprised what they can do for you!
  • scrappinmom
    Options
    Thank you~I have a great chiro and usually when my back goes out I go in hunched over and she gets me straightened out and I am feeling great.....This time she got my back back to norm but now have this horrible pain down my leg and she is very confident that it is my sciatic nerve. I have been in to see her 2-3 times a week.
    I did see a medical dr. and he said that she was doing exactly what he would suggest. I am praying it gets better soon.
  • greenfairy
    Options
    I've had major sciatic issues ever since I was pregnant with my son (who's now 10! :sad: ) My chiropractor is AWESOME! Found out my hips are about 3/4" off, which really makes for awkward walking and stretching. Every morning, before I get out of bed, I pull my knee up to my chin to try and stretch my lower back... makes things a bit more bearable. Good luck
  • scrappinmom
    Options
    Well I found out what my back problems are all about~

My L4 vertebrae is crushing my L5 and is pinching off the nerve so I have extreme pain running down my leg.......

I am waiting to hear what the next step is to get it taken care of.
    Bummed out cuz' I really wanted to get excercising and make this work.