MFP reeled me back in...

dancer33
dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I had been faithful to MFP a couple of years ago, but the last year has been VERY off and on. So I am reintroducing myself a brand new committed member of MFP. I am a huuuge sugar addict and am here to finally get rid of it. If anyone has any tips regarding sugar addiction, please share :) Thanks!

Replies

• kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Welcome back!!! I LOVE sugar too and just this last week have been tryng to cut back majorly. I have been allowing myself a treat at night- but something that lasts a long time and isn't horrible for me! Like i love hot chocolate or tonight i had a banana cut into small pieces with peanut butter- i just make sure i make room for it in my cals and then i don't feel the need to eat lots of sweets during the day because i know i will have that later. Then, if i decide i don't want it, all the better, but if i do want it, I have made room for it and practiced self control! Good luck :)
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Hi! I'm a GIANT sugar addict, and my dr. just told me last month I have to keep my sugar intake down to 20-25 grams a day! I have slip-ups every once in a long while, but I've found that once I get sugar (esp. the bad processed kind) out of my system, I don't crave it nearly as much anymore. It's like a detox.

Good luck to you!! I'm sure you'll stick with it this time! :)
This discussion has been closed.