Clothes I'll dare to wear!

Options
Most of my life I've been solid rather than over weight. Thighs always just to chunky to look good in short skirts. Since June last year however I've dropped around 26lb and I'm feeling a bit more adventurous again..... (BMI is now 23, although I would like to take it down to 20 or 21 eventually).

So there's a friend's 50th party coming up and we're all to dress up....

And I decided to get the sewing machine out and go for something totally daft....

DSCF4372.JPG
DSCF4373.JPG

What do you think?

Replies

• Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    PS I did a blog post with pictures on making it too.... it was a load of fun

http://sallysewssometing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/funky-skirt-from-old-jeans-with-pics.html
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    go for it, i can't wait to get into some seriously skimpy clothes, over the last few years i've been getting more conscious about not wearing short skirts, keeping my arms covered etc. hate it! bring on the mini skirts and bikinis :)
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    How fun! I bought me some red skinny jeans and a leopard print blouse. It's been a long time since I have felt comfortable in anything form fitting or that would bring attention for myself. It felt good to wear. I would say wear that skirt and show off your success.
  • Salkeela
    Options
    Thanks for the supportive comments :) The dress code is "funky" so it should be a laugh & I've another 3 weeks to go before the night....
  • Salkeela
    Options
    Oh and yay! to the red skinny jeans and leopard blouse Hlnrsctt !
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Cute Cute Cute! I love funky little outfits like that! Hope I am wearing some this spring!
  • Ambermarigold
    Ambermarigold Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Sounds and looks like it'll be quite a laugh Sal
  • Salkeela
    Options
    "Himself" wantsorange baggy clown trousers to wear.... No pictures yet, but I cut up an old duvet cover and made a start on them for him.... they need a few little features added still - pockets and patches etc.

Should be fun on the night, as quite a few of this crowd will join the fun.

I've spent so many years dressing the kids up for fancy dress (and still do) that it's nice to do it for me and him this time.