Just wondering..

Options
You know if you weigh more you burn calories faster?
I bought these weighted wrist/ankle straps, which you can strap onto your wrists or ankles and it adds an extra 2.3kg to each leg/arm.

My question is, if I burnt say (e.g.) 100 calories during a workout, as I weigh 45kg, if I added both wrist straps on to make it 49.6kg, will I burn more based on my "higher weight"?

Replies

• sexybeast1998
    sexybeast1998 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    u would burn more as your body would hav to carry more.
  • sexybeast1998
    Options
    plus they are not muscles which help u run during cardio they are dead weight so u are carrying them each step
  • Izzii0x
    Izzii0x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I knew I would burn more, maybe I phrased it wrong. I was wondering if I could still work out what I burnt by putting in 49.6kg instead of 45? :)
  • sexybeast1998
    Options
    do u mean gain that weight?
  • Izzii0x
    Izzii0x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hm, I mean for example if I programmed my weight into My Fitness Pal app, and then selected Run 8.0mph for 10 minutes, for example I would get a certain figure. If I programmed my weight PLUS the wrist straps the calories burnt would increase. Can I do it like that? Programming the extra weight in as my own?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    The extra amount is insignificant.
    Plus MFP overestimates burned calories as it is.
    You would be doing yourself a disservice if you added extra calories in and ate them.
    By adding wrist weights you are probably making your actual burn closer to the inflated numbers the site already spits out.