storm Sandy

Options
this is a message to all affected by storm sandy who are MFP members to say that i am thinking of you

Replies

• katiesymington
    katiesymington Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    4 months ago we got completely flooded out of our home from an over night storm which left us homeless with months of uncertainty and chaos, we lost most of our things and yes after that time i did pile on the pounds. How ever you are affected my hart goes out to you and i am sending you belief and strength for the future. xxx
  • zigeuner62
    Options
    Thank you.

We made it through safely and thankfully didn't lose power. We live just outside of the Zone A evacuation zone so were allowed to stay in our homes. Around 8 pm was the worst, the winds were sustaining at around 75 mph with gusts close to 90. Our lights did flicker off and on now and then but didn't go out. One surprising thing was we didn't get very much rain, not what you would expect from such a massive storm. The winds have calmed down here to about 25 mph with some stronger gusts now and then. For us I think the worst is over other than more flooding at high tides.

Hope everyone else in the storm's path stayed safe.