Mummy bellys

Options
2»

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    When I had my first baby, 24 yrs ago, I gained a total of 60 pounds and had terrible stretch marks, but I got to work after her birth and lost all the weight plus an extra 5 pounds, and in six months I had the flattest stomach in my life. Yay! Then 6 months later I got pregnant again, barely gained 30 pounds, and it was a bit tougher to lose the weight and kept a bit of a pooch along with an extra 15 lbs, even after some serious body building efforts. After the third baby 10 yrs later- forget it. My tummy will never be the same! The only way to lose the tummy is to lose the fat by losing the weight. Planks will help tone it, but diet will get rid of the fat. And the younger you are, the easier it is, so don't wait too long.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think it has a lot to do with genes as well as weight control. I know that the skin on my tummy is looser then it was before the baby and more prone to hold my weight when I put on a couple of pounds. However, most people probably couldn't tell I've had a baby by looking at my belly. Mind, it did take me about 18 months to get the weight off and get my body back to looking that way.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    im not even a mum and i have it...

img_1878.jpg?w=448&h=779

That is a beautiful tattoo!!! I'm envious!!
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Insanity worked to get rid of my stomach fat!! I have a 2.5 year old and I had him via c-section. It is possible to get your
    stomach back!!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    5'6", 120lbs and the 'mommy fat' was still there. I started heavy lifting about 8 weeks ago and it's all but disappeared.

ETA*
    Squats! Get a nice booty and your core will thank you (forces you to balance heavy weight, so it tightens your midsection, sort of indirectly but directly hits abs, if that makes sense lol)
    +1