Introduction (advice welcome)!

Options
I thought I would just introduce myself and hopefully get some advice in the process. Any advice is welcome so please feel free to contribute.

I don't have a goal in mind I would just like to slim down enough to be able to pick a New Year dress that I like rather than picking one because I know it will suit my shape!

So I have about 8 weeks to try and get as near to my goal as possible and then hopefully get to my goal in the New Year.

I have tried a million and 1 diets and always fail after losing around 2 stone, no excuses I fail because I think I have done so well that I allow myself a treat night which turns into a treat week and before I know it im back to where I started.

So this time no excuses and no mad diet attempts. Simple healthy eating and exercise (planning on walking daily and doing the 30 day shred- If there is a woman who can beat the fat out of me its Jillian!)

An advice or tips please, please, please send it my way I need all the help I can get!

Start weight: 181 (sad face)
Goal Weight: 145 ish (well when I was slim I didn't bother to weight myself so I actually have no idea, I do have a pair of shorts that I am determined to get back into which should indicate that I have hit my goal!)

Thanks Ames x
:drinker:

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    The first thing to do is to think of this as a healthy lifestyle change and not just a diet. You have to make changes that you can live with for the long haul. Avoid the white foods such as sugar, bread and rice. You should replace them with healthier choices such as whole grain bread and brown rice which has the nutrients that the white varieties do not. Replace your sugary drinks with water...plenty of water. You can do this and this site can help. Feel free to add me.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Anyone that is looking for a buddy add me if you'd like! :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    This site isn't about products or things you can buy. It's about using what you have and eating healthy. I'm not saying that the products aren't good or that you shouldn't try them. I'm merely saying you don't need them to succeed.

Some of the biggest changes you can make in life are diet related and you won't realize how much better you feel until after you do it. Personally for me, removing wheat, corn, oats, dairy, pork and soy from my diet has balanced my hormones, and helped me to get rid of YEARS of allergies and pain.

Now I workout 4-6 times a week, and I eat well. I even splurge and I have fun. Most of all I am happy! Give it a try, The next few steps you take could be the best steps you have taken in your life!

Add me as a friend if you like.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have the same current and goal weights as you. Good luck, and feel free to add me.

My only advice is not to try to lose it all by New Year, even if you're using that motivate you, which I think is a good idea. It's not enough time to do it 'for good' and in a healthy way.

When I started I saw quite a few pounds come off just by increasing the amount of water I drank.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    The first thing to do is to think of this as a healthy lifestyle change and not just a diet. You have to make changes that you can live with for the long haul. Avoid the white foods such as sugar, bread and rice. You should replace them with healthier choices such as whole grain bread and brown rice which has the nutrients that the white varieties do not. Replace your sugary drinks with water...plenty of water. You can do this and this site can help. Feel free to add me.

This and no processed foods, and no soda.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    This site works wonders. Anyone can add me if youd like.