Hey Guys N Gals 250lbs to lose in need of friends :)

Hey folks,

I'm a 28 year old Man from Burnley, Lancashire (uk for those who are still confused haha) I've just started my diet after 7 weeks of quiting smoking and have a colossal 250lbs to lose!!!!

I have only 1 friend on here and would obviously like to make more friends who are as dedicated as me to achieving their goals whatever they maybe .

hope to hear from you

Mike

Replies

• mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Hey!! Welcome .. You can do this. Time and dedication and you will get this done!!!! Please feel free to add me if you'd like. I am log in everyday, and I dont' know what I would have done without MFP. I started my life change journey back in January and I keep trudging away. A bit of advice, NEVER ever give up on this change. Don't look at it as a diet, look at it as a life change. A diet only last so long, but for us to lose the weight and keep it off we have to make a life change!!!!!! It's a change for the better that will take us a long long ways!!! :)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    Hey folks,

I'm a 28 year old Man from Burnley, Lancashire (uk for those who are still confused haha) I've just started my diet after 7 weeks of quiting smoking and have a colossal 250lbs to lose!!!!

I have only 1 friend on here and would obviously like to make more friends who are as dedicated as me to achieving their goals whatever they maybe .

hope to hear from you

Mike

that's alot. the good news is that at your size and age, the weight will start coming off fast. your metabolism is pretty high so if you start doing cardio and eating at a deficit, you could lose a pound a day for the next couple of months.

my 2 tips for you on Day 1:

get out and start walking EVERY DAY. try to go as far as you can as long as you can. if you can get yourself out there for a 5 mile walk every day, it will have a huge impact on your efforts.

take photos of yourself now. this is important. you don't have to show anybody, but you'll want these photos 3 months from now and 6 months from now. it'll be hard to perceive much change as you look in the mirror everyday, but when you compare them to the photos you took on day 1, you'll see the difference.
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    You can add me if you like
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Mike you can do this thing man! I got faith in you brother! Just don't give up! EVER! Its going to be a frustrating fight with lots of ups and downs. Grab this life style change by the horns and kick its butt into gear! We're all here for you man, all of us! Theres a lot of good people on here in the UK as well.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Hi Mike, you can add me if you like. I'm still waiting on my scale to get here to know just how much I need to lose. It's at least 80 lbs though, probably closer to 100 lbs.
    I just got myself a big ole Star Trac treadmill that came out of a local gym. I was going to take up running in my neighborhood, but we have a bear problem and I didn't want to be the equivalent of a greasy big mac for some bear to eat.. lol
    Just did my second abbreviated run on it, what I'm trying to do is a mile at a go and do that a few times a day.
    Sadly enough, I already lost all of this weight before when I was 17 or so just to gain it back after ten years of being fit. Lost my job and being bummed out about it brought me back to binging. Ugh!
    Unfortunately, all the fit things I liked to do cost money, so when I lost my job I couldn't go to the local climbing gym anymore, rent a kayak anymore, etc. So, learned my lesson, this time I'm also trying to find free activities that I love so that if this ever happens again I hopefully won't turn to food again.
    I watch reruns of biggest loser to keep me motivated, usually while trying to do burpees and now hopefully on the treadmill.
    Best of luck on your journey! It can be crazy frustrating at times..
  • Best of luck Mike, I will shoot you a request :-)
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Hey Mike! ^_^ Gonna shoot you a friend request :D
    Also, starting by walking is a fabulous way ^^
    I hate jogging, so I usually walk. It takes longer, but at least you're moving ;)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! It does work if you work it! Success is never giving up and believing you can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    You can do it, MIke! Take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. Feel free to add me.
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Hey Mike, I'd love to be friends on here so we can keep each other on track. I started with a need to lose about 150lbs and my journey has moved along, but at a snail's pace. However, better slow than not at all! I have to pick it up now, as I've not lost anything in 6 months. KEEP ON IT! It's so worth it!
  • mstx70
    mstx70 Posts: 23 Member
    Good luck on your journey =) Feel free to add me!
  • Steviemac64
    Steviemac64 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Mike, steve hear from a little known place called bolton lol been on here over a year ago did really well with some good advive and support but alas things went the wrong way and i gained all that i lost but not to be beaten i am back on he warpath to get slimmer and healthier so keep itgoing fella be stronge get out in or lovely lancashire country side do some walking it will help loads put the ear buds in listen to soe good music you will be suprised how far you get feel free to add me:happy:
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    You can do this! Sending you a FR now - one day at a time is all we can do!
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Mike, you and anyone else for that matter can add me. I had 200 hundred to lose when I started and I'm half way there. It's NOT easy and you'll want to throw in the towel sometimes but you'll eventually get to a point where you say "what in the %$#^ was I thinking by living that way?!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Hey folks,

hope to hear from you

Mike

that's alot. the good news is that at your size and age, the weight will start coming off fast. your metabolism is pretty high so if you start doing cardio and eating at a deficit, you could lose a pound a day for the next couple of months.

my 2 tips for you on Day 1:

get out and start walking EVERY DAY. try to go as far as you can as long as you can. if you can get yourself out there for a 5 mile walk every day, it will have a huge impact on your efforts.

take photos of yourself now. this is important. you don't have to show anybody, but you'll want these photos 3 months from now and 6 months from now. it'll be hard to perceive much change as you look in the mirror everyday, but when you compare them to the photos you took on day 1, you'll see the difference.

Great advice! :)
  • Mike, you know you can do this, you have heaps of support from loads of friends on here. I've only been here a short time but the support her is so much better than anywhere else.

Sending you a FR

Sue
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Request sent :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Good luck Mike....I'll send you a FR from Yorkshire :)