Lady garden issues!

Options
Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language

No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. This includes the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

We reserve the right to moderate a topic based on the intent of the sexual material it contains. Topics intended to titillate will be removed. Topics with medical or clinical themes related to sex or sexual health may be permitted, at our discretion.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
Joshua
MyFitnessPal Forum Staff

Replies

• AmberLee2012
    Options
    My husband uses his electric razor and it was sucking my skin in and it gave me some scarring. My dermatologist and gynocologist both suggested just trimming the area and leaving some short hairs there so that I don't have to deal with the bumps/itching of ingrown hairs. That seems to be working pretty well.

I have a friend that works in a hair salon and she does that kind of waxing and she said it hurts terribly. I almost let her wax me the last time I was there but I chickened out. If you do it, let me know bad it hurts haha.
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    There is no way anyone is off down there with any wax strips!

wonder if the hair removal cream works!
  • AwesomeOne66
    Options
    Wax it all off...grin & bear it, you won't look back!!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    There is no way anyone is off down there with any wax strips!

wonder if the hair removal cream works!

I'm thinking the same thing. I know how bad the eyebrows hurt and how sometimes they get all red and puffy. Makes me think twice about waxing down there.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Get laser hair removal, it's not that sore...or just wax it, it's worth a little pain!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options

My skin is so soft and i'm scared! the wax will probably take my skin with it!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some hair removal cream, avon do a fab one, it works in half the time of major store brands and you don't get that horrible regrowth itch you get if you shave. It doesn't last as long as waxing but at least you can do it within minutes in the comfort of your own home then jump straight in the showe ;0)
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I shave it all off. I don't leave anything ever. It doesn't bother my skin and I don't get any ingrown hairs or anything. And I have very sensitive skin usually.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I agree - its not that bad.

Take a paracetamol before hand, make sure its trimmed before you go (it hurts more with longer hairs) and man up :-)

Its worth it for not having the itchy regrowth, and the more often you have it done, the less it grows back.

I even do my own now!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    You need to go get a wax. I know the idea of it is scary and YES, it hurts like a b**** the first time but there is just no way to make shaving down yonder a good idea, for anyone, ever. Where I live, you can get a really good wax for really inexpensive since we have bathing suits on for 8 months out of the year. I think it's about $50 for a brazilian or just like $25 for a bikini wax. If you can get over going the first time, you're good.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    And FTR you didn't just suddenly turn into a wooly mammoth, you just don't have a lot of fat hiding what you couldn't see now, lol. It's the same reason that some men think their...... ya know.... grows when they loose weight. ;)
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Laser hair removal, if it's in your budget...lot's of Groupons and Living Social coupons for it as well...Not too painful:)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you're going to shave, go with the grain, not against. Also get a product like Bikini Zone to apply when you are done.

After years of shaving, I'm in the process of getting the laser removal. Love it! Groupon often has GREAT deals. It's not painless, but it's worth it.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    What you should do if you consider waxing is shave, and book the appointment about a week or two after, to allow for growth. The esthetician needs a certain length of hair in order for the wax to "grip". But you definitely will not regret it. I stopped doing it because it was becoming financially burdensome, but if you can do it!

I agree - its not that bad.

Take a paracetamol before hand, make sure its trimmed before you go (it hurts more with longer hairs) and man up :-)

Its worth it for not having the itchy regrowth, and the more often you have it done, the less it grows back.

I even do my own now!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    And FTR you didn't just suddenly turn into a wooly mammoth, you just don't have a lot of fat hiding what you couldn't see now, lol. It's the same reason that some men think their...... ya know.... grows when they loose weight. ;)

ha ha ha ha! love this! that made me laugh loads! thanks.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    just get rid of all of it !! Lol..No Pain No Gain
  • violetangel613
    Options
    LOL. I use a bikini trimmer I got from Sephora. You have different attachments to choose from that will give you different lengths of hair. It makes it look neat and clean.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    WAX! Its just got to be done.
    Does get easier the more oftern you do it.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've waxed .. ingrown hairs still, I've shaved.. ouch ingrown hairs.. I trim with hubby's beard trimmer (what he doesn't know won't hurt him)
    I am going to get laser hair removal though so that I don't need to deal with that any more!!!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    I've waxed .. ingrown hairs still, I've shaved.. ouch ingrown hairs.. I trim with hubby's beard trimmer (what he doesn't know won't hurt him)
    I am going to get laser hair removal though so that I don't need to deal with that any more!!!

Brilliant! love you guys, soooo funny! hope he never finds a pube in his trimmer.
This discussion has been closed.