Mixed-Berry Coffee Cake

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
I made this today and was kinda iffy about it when I first took it out (28 minutes)of the oven b/c it was a bit mushy in the middle... I put it back in the oven and baked it for another 5 minutes (33 minutes total). Let it cool and had a piece with some fat free cool whip. It is so good.

Crushed low-fat granola creates a deliciously crunchy and streusel-like topping in no time flat! From eatbetteramerica.

Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:1 hr
makes:8 servings

1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons canola or soybean oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup mixed berries, such as blueberries, raspberries and blackberries or Cascadian Farm® frozen organic harvest berries (do not thaw)
1/4 cup low-fat granola, slightly crushed

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, mix brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt just until moistened. Gently fold in half of the berries. Spoon into pan. Sprinkle with remaining berries and the granola.
3. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until golden brown and top springs back when touched in center. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Berrylicious...
Berries are fiber giants. Just 1 cup of blackberries or raspberries gives you a whopping 8 grams of fiber, one-third of your daily fiber needs.

Nutritional Information
1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 12g); Protein 4g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/Recipes/desserts/mixed-berry-coffee-cake.aspx

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I made this today and was kinda iffy about it when I first took it out (28 minutes)of the oven b/c it was a bit mushy in the middle... I put it back in the oven and baked it for another 5 minutes (33 minutes total). Let it cool and had a piece with some fat free cool whip. It is so good.

Crushed low-fat granola creates a deliciously crunchy and streusel-like topping in no time flat! From eatbetteramerica.

Prep Time:15 min
    Start to Finish:1 hr
    makes:8 servings

1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    2 tablespoons canola or soybean oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 cup mixed berries, such as blueberries, raspberries and blackberries or Cascadian Farm® frozen organic harvest berries (do not thaw)
    1/4 cup low-fat granola, slightly crushed

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
    2. In large bowl, mix brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt just until moistened. Gently fold in half of the berries. Spoon into pan. Sprinkle with remaining berries and the granola.
    3. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until golden brown and top springs back when touched in center. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Berrylicious...
    Berries are fiber giants. Just 1 cup of blackberries or raspberries gives you a whopping 8 grams of fiber, one-third of your daily fiber needs.

Nutritional Information
    1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 12g); Protein 4g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/Recipes/desserts/mixed-berry-coffee-cake.aspx