sued for ugly baby?!? wow....

Options
I received this via email, but, wow......

~~~~~~~~

A man in Northern China has divorced and sued his wife for their baby being ugly and he’s won.
Problems arose when the woman gave birth to a little girl that the husband found to be incredibly ugly, to the point that it horrified him.
Since the baby’s mother was extremely attractive and the husband found himself to be plenty good-looking, he assumed that someone else had fathered the baby.
As it turns out, the wife had not been unfaithful. She had simply failed to reveal she had undergone extensive plastic surgery before meeting her mate.
The man sued, claiming his bride had gotten him to marry her under false pretenses. The judge agreed and awarded the man one hundred and twenty thousand dollars in the case.

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, babies don't even look like they will when grown up. That's just silly.
  • enigmachik
    Options
    I know plenty of Chinese people. My family is Chinese although I am genetically white. None of my friends or family would ever ever do something like that so it's not all about the culture. That is an incredibly stereotypical statement. What happened in that case is a case of extremes just like can happen anywhere.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    this had to be one of the SADDEST things I've read in a while. How could anyone do that to an innocent baby?!? I mean, how is the mom supposed to explain why his daddy isn't around when he gets older? Or, when he finds old news articles about this? Despicable.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    100k worth of plastic surgery?

YIKES!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    all babies born vaginally are ugly...

sorry...but they are.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I'd probably divorce someone for lying to me about something as major as a surgery. Honesty is important in a relationship, even if it is about superficial things.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I'd probably divorce someone for lying to me about something as major as a surgery. Honesty is important in a relationship, even if it is about superficial things.

My compliments to the surgeon:

man-sues-wife-for-120k-after-their-ugly-baby-is-born-wins_h.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I hope said baby grows up and sues her dad for being an a-hole of a father that abandoned her....

^This. I'd counter sue for some mega-serious child support!
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options

sorry...but they are.

Most of them, anyway. My sister had such a smushy face after birth that my mom asked the doctor if she was going to grow up looking like that. Over time, her face fortunately unsmushed. I was also no prize. =(
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

He did wonders for her eyes... but noses always look fake to me. I think he should have realized that she had some work done.
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options

Wow! If I need work done, I'm calling him.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I feel really bad for the baby. When that child grows up she will know her father thought she was ugly enough to sue over.

There's a picture floating around the internet that is a similar story. It's captioned horribly, but it gives you an idea of what happened.

you-cant-hide-plastic-surgery-forever-18808.jpg
  • myofibril
    Options
    This story makes me glad that I am a resident of a Western Society where beauty and youth are not idealised and people do not go to unhealthy extremes to achieve a socially stereotypical view of beauty.

Oh.

Wait.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

sorry...but they are.

Most of them, anyway. My sister had such a smushy face after birth that my mom asked the doctor if she was going to grow up looking like that. Over time, her face fortunately unsmushed. I was also no prize. =(

Babies get smushed up in the womb. Both my kids were c-section delivery, and the youngest had her legs tucked into her chest in the womb. When she was born, they couldn't get an accurate measure of her body length because they couldn't keep her legs stretched out. When you pulled her legs down, they would spring back to her chest. It was about a month before her legs fully extended.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

That, to me, is acceptable, because lying is not ok, but think about how much damage that will cause the child. It was the mothers fault for lying, so divorce her, but don't sue, because your baby is ugly. It was not the baby's fault.
  • myofibril
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen an ugly baby. I mean ever. They are all beautiful.

I've seen plenty of minging adults though. Sadly, quite a number of those adults use their personalities as an effective form of birth control...
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It's really sad, actually. Only perpetuates our society's emphasis on people's looks. Also, what that one person said about "their [culture]" is really stupid. The prevalence of ugly Caucasian people is about the same.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    My son is absolutely adorable. But he was a weird looking baby for the first few weeks. Like a little alien.