I'm brand new to this! Friends?

Options
:smile: Looking for positive friends!! I've tried probably every diet on the book to lose these LAST 30 pounds the last 5 years (since my divorce): WW-3 times on line; WW-2 times in person; First Place @ Church-2times; 17-day diet; Joy Baer diet; Mediterranian diet; Dr. Phil book-2 times; sugar busters; Atkins-4 times; South Beach-2 times and probably 10 I do not remember. I am keeping the diet book people in business! I do have carb sensitivity so I do watch my carbs always but I am mostly trying to keep my calories around 1200 and exercise 30 minutes a day. My best sucess where I lost 40 pounds was with a personal trainer but I cannot afford that right now! Is anyone in my boat where they have to watch every single little calorie??

Replies

• givegodapraise
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you. I am new to this problem and looking to lose at least 15pds.:smile:
  • Nickibroadbent
    Nickibroadbent Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can sympathise so far as watching every single calorie! Even chewing gum gets logged: I'm trying to make it more of a game than anything lest I become a calorie-bore and my friends head for the hills. 1200 calories a day does work though; exercise tones you up - so it;s a recipe for success! I think frame of mind helps: 1200 calories seems like nothing when you're cold and knackered - but seems perfectly reasonable when you're feeling full of bounce and positivity x
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many programs in the past, the only one I really had any success with was WW (in person), but can't find any meetings that really work with my schedule right now. I just recently purchased a Body Media Fit to help keep me on track - I am not very disciplined when it comes to exercising, but being able to see where I am with my calorie burn at any given moment is a real motivator. I would love to find like minded friends on MFP - Feel free to add me!!
  • lucky5552
    lucky5552 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hello

Im new to this also. I need to loose 35lbs of baby weight to be pre-baby weight. My daughter is now 1 years old.. I've been dieting since Sept 3..with no weight loss..t:laugh: en days into Jillian Michael s 30 day shed.h.aving a real problem eating the amount of calories I need and I think my body is in starvation mode ;( Anyway positive feed back and new friends are welcome to comment and for advice.. thank you Jill