Water Problem

TigerLillyGypsy
TigerLillyGypsy Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I know drinking water is really healthy for you but for some reason (and I know this is going to sound bizarre) my body doesn't absorb it. If I drink too much water IE: a water BOTTLE, then I usually end up throwing up the water because it just swishes around in my stomach. It's happened ever since I was a child. This makes it VERY difficult to drink a healthy amount of water each day! Any advice?

Replies

• TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Maybe freeze the water bottle and then just sip what has melted all day, that way you will be forced to only drink very little at a time.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Can you do flavored water or tea? If you haven't already tried those, give them a try. If you have tried those, I'm sorry that I couldn't be more helpful!
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    are you drinking filter water or tap water? my mom can't drink the local water because of the algae blooms and some of the chemicals they use to treat it with. She always have to have bottled or filtered
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Have you tried drinking water out of the tap that is room temperature? Ice water is not as easy to digest & from what I heard if you drink something hot after you eat it helps with digestion. I try to have a cup of hot tea or hot sugarless cocoa made with water in the evening before I go to bed.
  • Thanks for all the great advice!
  • as odd as it sounds this came up in my nutrtion class today as long as you drink sugar free or decaffienated drinks then they can count towards half of your water intake. Caffiene is a natural dehydrator so stick away from that and you should be okay. hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.