Increased Daily Calorie Intake

Options
I just updated MFP from 1200 calories a day to 1410 calories a day. I previously had it set at losing 1 lb. per week and now it's set at 1/2 lb. per week. I haven't lost any weight for a few months with it set at 1200 calories, not to mention that it's difficult to eat so few calories a day. I have read some postings that said sometimes you need to increase your daily intake in order to lose weight. I'm hoping that's the case. Does anyone have any personal experience with a situation similar to this? What was the outcome?

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what I started out at calorie wise, but at some point I had lowered it to 1200 calories. My loss slowed way down, and I was having a hard time staying full. I have now bumped it up to 1500 calories a day,and most weeks I still lose 2 pounds or so. I am 41 years old and 5'7''. I do some kind of exercise every day, either walking several miles or riding a recumbent bike usually. Hope that helps.
  • jesskaz15
    Options
    I try to exercise a few times a week using an elliptical machine. I'm 30 years old and 5'0" tall.
  • Sh38049n
    Options
    i can never stay at 1300 calories i always go between 1500 and 1700 and i still lose weight...so you probably did good by adding my calories but i also exercise several days a week too...good luck
  • jesskaz15
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I'm hoping that this helps move things along.