100 lbs lost but losing motivation/severely depressed.

Options
2»

Replies

• ardyguitar
    ardyguitar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jenna,

I think the fact that you are worried and seeking help means your head isn't out of the game yet. I have been here too, binging for several days, even a week and wondering if I was going to continue on this journey but what REALLY snapped me out of it wasn't that i'd gain weight back, what helped me focus was realizing I am going to go thru many more situations like this where I am sad, depressed (I also suffer from depression), and don't have the comfort of familiarity. I know for people with depression, change is VERY tough. But there will be many more instances in life that this will happen, are we going to binge every single time? We might as well learn NOW to not make this a habit and deal with our emotions another way. Now I tell myself, "Remember how you felt last time you binged for days? You felt like ****!" And I just push through it. You are a strong gal! If you can loose over 100 pounds and push through, you can do it now. Cry it out, hell even eat another "bad meal," get it out of your system then nip it in the bud! Good Luck Jenna!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. Mental health issues are tough. All I can do is offer you some encouragement and remind you of your success to date. I've not seen your profile before and what I see is someone who has SUCCEEDED losing 103 pounds! That ain't nothing girl! I'm pulling for you. Hang in there and continue to lean on your friends.
  • jjennasmithh
    Options
    :flowerforyou: STOP :flowerforyou:

You have been so inspirational to me!! Don't give up!!

This time of year sucks for anyone who suffers from depression! The holidays are approaching and if you don't have loved ones around it can wreak havoc in your life.

Here are my thoughts:

:flowerforyou: Take time to be kind to yourself.
    :flowerforyou: Take out old photos of 100 pounds ago. You are amazing!
    :flowerforyou: Make a list of all the good things in your life.
    :flowerforyou: Make a promise to call your Mom weekly or twice a week just to talk. Schedule it on your calendar.
    :flowerforyou: Go shopping and buy yourself a new workout outfit
    :flowerforyou: Stay here on MFP and make mini challenges for each day. "Today I will....."

There are lot's of other ideas, but you get the idea :smile:

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Very good ideas, perhaps I will go join a gym tomorrow and buy a new work out outfit!! I really need a pick-me-up, and it can't be food! I am also getting my nails done on friday with a good friend. Hopefully this helps!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Sometimes doing things like that for yourself can be a great motivator! Now all I need to do is follow my own advice ha ha ha!!
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    Options

This time of year sucks for anyone who suffers from depression! The holidays are approaching and if you don't have loved ones around it can wreak havoc in your life.

^^^^^^ This!! It is starting to creep up on myself as well, due to this being the first Holidays w/o My Daddy.

YOURE DOING AMAZING!!!!
    Tomorrow's a new day, start new!!
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All I can say is You did an amazing job. You are such inspiration to me. I am sorry that you have to go through a tough time right now. Maybe you can

1. go for a walk every time you think of food.
    2. Make new goal: fitness goal.
    3. Find new sport?
    4. Keep making good choices or don't take a break from weight loss.
    5. Maybe reward yourself some cash each day you stay on track. At the end of the week/month you can use that money to do whatever you want, but not for food.
    That is my 2 cents.

I hope that help. See you around.
  • rileysadams
    Options
    I LOVE food...and let's be honest that rolo ice cream sounds AMAZING. We've all got our escapes for when we're down. Some people get lost online, spending time with friends/family. Heck, some people actually do drugs (heaven forbid), some read books, etc etc. A lot of us use food, but most of us have something else that let's us escape too. For me it's getting outside and enjoying nature (hiking, cross-coutry skiing, etc). The point is, find a different escape that is compatible with your goals. We all need escapes. You'll find one that works for you and you will succeed. You've come this far, there is no way you'll let yourself go back. 100+ lbs! are you kidding me?! Your will power is WAAAY too strong to back down.
  • suckerlove
    Options
    I understand your struggle, I have been diagnosed with schitzoeffective disorder, bipolar disorder, severe depression and anxiety. I have been getting down myself lately and I'd have to recommend maybe talking to your psychiatrist to look at changing your meds. You can only stay on the same meds for a period of time before they just stop working, at least in my experience and I was diagnosed over 20 years ago. It sounds like you have some wonderful things happening in your life as well, I hope you can concentrate on the good things. You have been so inspirational to me and so many others. I pray you get through this soon.
  • LaceyMorley
    Options
    Maybe you need to increase your dosage to help you get out of this funk. You can always tapper back down later or in the spring after winter and the holidays have passed.
    I know what you are going through. My daughter was diagnosed with Autism this past year and it put me in a downward spiral for a long time. I was a mess! The cherry on top was I gained about 50 lbs in a year. Since then I've been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety, Major Depression, and OCD. I am currently taking Wellbutrin and it is really helping. We all go through tough things in life but the key to come out on top is to remember where you came from and where you want to be, to seek professional help if you need it, and remember every day you make a choice on how you want your life lived.