Rest week?

So I was doing the P90X program and in the program you work out pretty heavy for 3 weeks and then do a week based on cardio and core training. I recently decided to only do the weight lifting exercises 3 x a week and some cardio here an there along with eating healthy. I am seeing the best results I have in my life. Super happy. But I am curious if I should do a rest week with cardio, abs, and other endurance training to take a break from lifting, or if I should go on to the last hybrid phase of switching up a few of the weightlifting exercises that attribute to the muscle confusion idea in P90X. I figure since I take a day in between each workout and take two days on the weekend with some cardio, that I wont need this break. But before this week is over I would like some input as to how I should proceed next week. I appreciate any and all input. Thanks. Also, has anyone tried Cellucor C4?

Replies

• anaodep
    anaodep Posts: 29
    I am doing the exact same thing as you. For my rest week, I do the Core synergistics 2 times and cardio in between, with some ab ripper x on the cardio days. It's worked for me so far and I am happy with this way. The point of the rest week I think is to give your muscles a break and confuse them into thinking they're done working out, and them start over the next week. For me, the rest weeks are the ones that help me the most on the program- when I start the next phase I always feel stronger and I can do more pushups and more reps.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Take the rest week. Your body, CNS, and mind will appreciate it. It will help your progress, not hinder it.