Shift Workers - When do you weigh yourself?

Options
OK all you shift workers out there, I have a question. When do you weigh in? I always used to pick one day of the week, ie: Fridays. However a co-worker was seeing a nutritionist who told her to weigh in on her second day off, so it was always moved one day ahead every week. I guess I should mention I work 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off, 12 hr shifts. Her reasoning is that while working nights, your body is confused and hangs on to weight. She felt that is when you would get your "true" weight. Any thoughts?

Replies

• osubucki61
    osubucki61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am not sure it matters what day of the week, just pick a day convinent for you, I will weigh myself several times a week and if there is over 2 lb change I log it. I weigh myself in the mornings, if you get up in the evening you can weigh yourself then too should not be much of a difference. I would not weigh in after working all night or day, you will have excess water in your body which will up your numbers.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I didnt work swing shifts, so I weighed in after I woke up in the afternoon every Friday. I would probably just pick a day and then weigh in on that day based on first waking up, after going to the restroom.