Hi 55yr old woman from MN just 'testing' the waters!!

marytk
marytk Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
How is everyone? I'm feeling pretty good tonight, I logged my food and water and it is amazing to see how much I have to eat to maintain that 1200 calorie a day intake. This is a great site and a lot of very supporting folks here...We are all trying for the same goal...right? Lose weight, get into better shape, feel better about ourselves. Live life to the fullest without having to worry about our health because we are over weight, obese, or even morbidly obese. The bottom line is, we are all hear trying to get some of the same goals and when we succeed YYYYEEEAAAAHHHH!!! Everyone on this site that is sticking to it or leaving and coming back...more power to them!!

My problems are: I hate to drink water...anyone have advice for that and how do you get started an exercise regime? Should I join a fitness place or wing it on my own? I just need stabality with exercising and I know that the exercising, for me anyways, will make or brake my progress. Anyone want to through anythng out to me....I would love suggestions....

I hope I meet lots of fun folks here! Tell me who you are and what it takes you to get through it each day.

Thanks, Peace
Mary

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Hello I'm also from the very frozen and blizzard MN. Welcome to MFP. Its a wonderful support group. Please ask to be my friend and I would love to keep in touch.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Hi, and Welcome to MFP. To help you get some good info about drinking water, I want to suggest that you use the "Search" function on this page and search the words "drinking water." You will get multiple threads on this subject, and glancing through them will give you some answers to your question, which is a frequent one here.

Good luck!!

BTW, under fitness and motivation, there is a thread for women 50+ that might be of interest to you. Here is a link to the last page of this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/77044-women-ages-50-for-january?page=8#posts-1071625

You can navigate to prior pages by using the page numbers at the right top or bottom corner of each page.
This discussion has been closed.