Scale Not Moving!

Options
Kind of frustrated. I weighed today for the first time in two weeks. I have been busting my *kitten* and I know I have lost inches around my waist, but the scale has refused to move. I have been in the 260's for months and I can't get it to move. I've been honest with my diary about the food but maybe I need to really look at my portion size. My exercise has averaged burning 800 calories 6 days a week for the past 30 days and my calorie intake has been under my goal probably 85% of the time. Would appreciate any advice on how to get past this plateau.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you aren't weighing and measuring food I'd bet you're eating more than you think. Most people are really bad at judging quantity.
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Definitely weigh the food you have before you eat it. Before I even start my meal I weigh everything on my plate and put it into my app. Eat slowly so you fill up faster and avoid eating seconds. Good luck! (:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Many people grossly over estimate their calories burned while exercising. It would take a long time, of strenuous activity to actually burn 800 calories. So if you are eating all of those calories back, then you may be overeating. On the other hand however; your body may gain muscle faster than it loses fat, hence the slimming down, while the scale doesn't move.