Phentermine

natspoiledbrat
natspoiledbrat Posts: 133
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been on Phentermine for a little over 4 months. In addition to taking this, I have eliminated about 1500-2000 extra calories daily. Most of these calories were from drinking cokes and this is a habit that I seem to have broken. My doctor says I can only stay on Phentermine for a total of 6 months, so my time is almost over. I am worried that I will have difficulty losing more weight and/or maintaining what I have lost so far. Is there anyone who has taken this and is now off of it that would know what I should expect. I have a friend who took it in the past, but she was never really dedicated about cutting down on calories and increasing her exercise. Needless to say, she gained all of her weight back within a year. I am starting to get a little worried that it will be to hard to continue without them.

Replies

• I just started going to a weight and wellness clinic. They wouldn't prescribe Phentermine since I have glaucoma, but they did put me on Lipo-vite injections. I have friends who have had a lot of success with Lipo-vite, and from what I have read, it can add about one pound per week to your weight loss results when combined with a sensible diet and exercise plan. I lost 3.2 lbs. in my first week of Lipo-vite. I just got my second injection today and am anxious to see what next week's weigh-in will be like. You may want to inquire about Lipo-vite to see if it's something you can start taking once your Phentermine is gone. It is often prescribed along with Phentermine actually, but it works well on its own too. Good luck!
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    I JUST STARTED TAKING PHEN ON THE 6TH OF THIS MONTH I ONLY TAKE HALF A DAY STILL OF 37.5 MG BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING....IM ALSO CURIOUS TO SEE THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ON IT A LONG TIME WHAT THE RESULTS ARE....
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    NATSPOILEDBRAT....TRY THAT QUESTION ON PHENTERMINE.COM YOU MIGHT HAVE BETTER LUCK :bigsmile:
  • Well I am taking the one prescribed by my Primary Physician that is 30 mg. I might have spelled it incorrectly. As far as my experience, it really helped me kick start my weight loss. I loss about 18 lbs in the first month, and altogether have lost 53. After the first 2 months, it slows down a lot, but I still saw a loss of about 2-3 lbs a week. I did take my diet and exercising very seriously. Good luck to you guys and I will check into the phenermine website and the Lipo-vite!
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    I took it for 2 months and lost 7lbs. I have been off of it since Nov. and I am maintaining my wt. loss by exercise and diet. I haven't lost anymore but I am happy being under 120.
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    hmmmm maybe I have been under a rock for a while but I have no idea what phentermine is :laugh: is it an appetite suppressant? if it is I am thinking about asking my doc about it. Good luck Nat
  • Phentermine has really helped me so you should look into it. I know that without it, I would have not lost as much weight and would have lost motivation a long time ago. My doctor wrote a Rx for me and told me that I had to continue to show weight loss in order to continue on it. I can be on it for a total of 6 months. I have to go in every month to get my new Rx as they will not write one with refills. At this time, you are weighed in to see progress and also your blood pressure. I know a lot of doctors don't want to write an Rx for it so that kinda sucks, but my Dr is very understanding. She has seen me struggle with my weight for 10 years and she actually suggested it to me. Here is a link for webMD that you can get more info from:

www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-4151-Phentermine+Oral.aspx?drugid=4151&drugname=Phentermine+Oral&source=2

I hope this helps out jenng38!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    I have taken it throughout the years and everytime I quit taking it I gain it all back plus some. If I was you instead of taking it the 6 months and all of a sudden you have to stop I would start wheening myself down. By wheening yourself down it won't be such a shock to your body.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    I took it in my early 20's on several occasions
    worked great but when I stopped taking it the weight came back on (and some)
    I wasn't paying as much attention though to what I was eating,working out or counting cals
    So, my advice is when u stop....weigh yourself weekly to stay on track

Good luck
  • For those of you who have taken it and had success; what was your daily caloric intake? I have been on it since late December, and have only lost about 10 pounds. I am eating 1200 calories a day, and exercising 5-6 days per week (burning anywhere from 500-800 calories/workout session). I don't know if I'm not eating enough....and therefore hindering my weight loss progress? I love the medicine..it really does cut down on your urge to eat and your urge to splurge. But I wish I was seeing faster results. I am really working hard at this and want some payoff!
  • I didn't really start looking at my calories until I was about 2 months into it so its hard to say. I can say that little by little I cut things out. For example, I went from drinking A LOT of cokes to only one 12oz. coke a day and then after about a month I changed to one coke every other day and so on. I lost almost 20 lbs the first month, and I know everyone is different. Once I started counting my calories I was at about 1850. I dont know how much you weigh and know that has a lot to do with it. I just used this website and under my goals I selected to lose 1 lb. per week. If you are doing those things, I would talk to your doctor and she what he/she says.
This discussion has been closed.