Sad but nice NSV

Options
Dad_of_3
Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
I am sad to say that as of now I will have to stop wearing my wedding ring, because it has fallen off my finger twice today as I am wearing it. It was my daddy's wedding ring, so I have taped it up with band aids so I won't lose it.

36 pounds into my 157 pound goal, and so many more changes to go. This was a biggie for me.

Replies

• wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I think a happy dance is in order. You can frown while you are doing your happy dance, but you should definitely dance.

Congratulations on this HUGE NSV! :)
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    That's great progress.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a victory!
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I got one for you.....I went canoeing up in the Northern Canadian bush this summer. I came back with 1.7 million mosquito bites, and without my ring. It is at the bottom of the North Saskatchewan River somewhere.....still haven't got a replacement. I was in the doghouse for several days :)
  • CORTNEY5
    CORTNEY5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I initially lost over 50 lbs, my ring size went from a 7 1/2 to a 4 1/2!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am sad to say that as of now I will have to stop wearing my wedding ring, because it has fallen off my finger twice today as I am wearing it. It was my daddy's wedding ring, so I have taped it up with band aids so I won't lose it.

36 pounds into my 157 pound goal, and so many more changes to go. This was a biggie for me.

Can you wear it on a different finger?
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    That is a bittersweet victory!

I went from a size 8 ring size to a 4, so I totally hear ya!

Can you get it resized? That's what I had to do with my engagement ring..twice!
  • RoxannWilliams97
    RoxannWilliams97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can you wear it around your thumb, at least for a little while til you can get it sized to fit you better.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great job, you are on the way to make wonderful things happen to you in life.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Can you wear it on a different finger?

I could, but it feels weird, And it feels weird not to wear it, too, though. I may just wear it every day with the band aids.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You can get the ring sized. Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think a happy dance is in order. You can frown while you are doing your happy dance, but you should definitely dance.

Congratulations on this HUGE NSV! :)

I agree with what I have bolded out.

That's one (related) reason that I'm sad about losing weight -- my promise ring is already getting loose and I'm only down 10 lbs out of 40+ lbs. At least it shows progress, I suppose.

But just wait until you can get it resized -- almost like a "new" ring for a "new" you! :drinker: (I really wanted to use a "thumbs up" smiley...but this is the closest there is.) Good job so far, and good luck with the rest! :)
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    What about putting it on a necklace around your neck? That way it's with you, you don't risk losing it and you can get it resized when you are able?
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Maybe you can wear it on a chain until you reach goal. You won't want to repeatedly have it sized because that may weaken it.

So happy for you!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    If you go to a jewelry store, you can get this little thing that makes rings fit. I had one on my class ring.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    What about putting it on a necklace around your neck? That way it's with you, you don't risk losing it and you can get it resized when you are able?

That was going to be my suggestion. Sizing doesn't take too long depending on the Jeweler.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I say put it away and have it resized when you are at your goal.

My husband and I both can't wear our rings anymore because they are too big. I went onto ebay and bought myself a nice new (read "big") CZ wedding set that is so blingalicious! I love it!!! It isn't so big it looks fake but it is beautiful.
    It only cost me $18.00. I will have my rings resized when I am at my goal. I didn't want to take a chance and lose my real rings but at the same time I wanted to wear a wedding set since I am so hot now LOL hahaha!
    Got my husband a temp wedding band on ebay too:)
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I understand about resizing, I wouldn't want to do it either. What about wearing it on a chain around your neck? That way it still stays your dad's, but you can still have it with you without worrying about the band aids.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You can get a sizer that will keep the ring on your finger.
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

This! I agree with sad, but happy! Celebrate your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!