Co Workers Pissing me off!!

Options
Today my coworkers and I unanimously decided to try a new restaurant for lunch. We came upon a diner in our area. Turns out it was a Vegan place. I'll cut it short....
They kept making rude comments about " we should've just went to hooters", " I want REAL meat"..." I bet they use dog and cat meat" etc....
I angrily said " keep an open mind about it and stop being so close mined"
( I actually thought it was very intresting, I've always wanted to try a Vegan restaurant)
I even tipped them an extra amount. While leaving they were saying " ugh I'm never coming back here again"....." that was a waste of $20" ......................I was praying that the employees didnt hear them.
I actually really enjoyed the food and look forward on coming back from time to time.
And I'll probably be taking my lunches alone from now on.
Ok Rant over

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    People love complaining, and I think they love even more when people agree with their complaining. People also do NOT like inconvenience. I hear it all day long when my store runs out of a popular product and I have to tell someone we're sold out. I've learned that hiccups happen and you just have to accept it and move on.

Couldn't any one of them just get up and walk to a fast food place? Didn't they realize where they went as soon as they were handed menus? If their $20 was THAT important, they should have taken the time to go elsewhere. But guess what? It would have been TOO inconvenient to go somewhere else and get something they wanted. I would have gotten annoyed and told them they could have left instead of spending their money.

I'm glad you had some sense to tip extra, the waiter probably got the brunt from the others just because it wasn't their food preference.