There is so much leftover candy at church....ACK!

Options
I work for a church and we hosted a Trunk or Treat on Friday night. I walked in today and there were about 4 BIG bags of candy in the kitchen. On top of that a friend brought in some pumpkin cheesecake for me to try.

Oh my, this week the temptations are going to be tough to say no to.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Tell someone to hide it and not tell you where it is. It'll be fun when you get a craving and tear everything apart looking for it. I know it was for me. :bigsmile:

Edit to add: I found it. :devil:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Willpower.

Find some.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Willpower.

Find some.

Party pooper.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Tell someone to hide it and not tell you where it is. It'll be fun when you get a craving and tear everything apart looking for it. I know it was for me. :bigsmile:

Edit to add: I found it. :devil:

Well, at least you burned off some calories looking. :wink:

Ooooh, pumpkin cheesecake! That's my favorite! Good luck resisting the candy, just keep reminding yourself of all the reasons you are doing this. And if you give in and have a few pieces, it's not the end of the world.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I think they are jealous and sabotaging you. You should check their text messages.
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    Is it for you? Or the church?

I hate to do it (but when people have given me food), I've simply thrown it out. I knew if I let it hang around, I would eat it.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Willpower.

Find some.

Party pooper.
    It's what I do

*steals your candy*
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    there is always so much 'thank you' sweet stuff at my work! it's hellish esp around Christmas... oh well... willpower it is :noway:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    EAT IT ... ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL So not share. If you do, go to jail, do not pass GO.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I live in an apartment and don't have to buy candy for trick-or-treaters! Some of my non-supportive co-workers will bring in their Halloween leftovers, but I just steer clear of the candy dish at the receptionist desk!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I live in an apartment and don't have to buy candy for trick-or-treaters! Some of my non-supportive co-workers will bring in their Halloween leftovers, but I just steer clear of the candy dish at the receptionist desk!

Shank those non-supportive jerks!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I work for a church and we hosted a Trunk or Treat on Friday night. I walked in today and there were about 4 BIG bags of candy in the kitchen. On top of that a friend brought in some pumpkin cheesecake for me to try.

If there is candy and cheeesecake there it must be God's will and he wants you to eat all the foods, don't disappoint him
  • ChristinaP2011
    Options
    I am dealing with the same thing-- Today at work is our monthly birthday party & tomorrow HR is hosting a baked potatoe & chilli day. Plus last week HR hosted a Pizza Day--& the week before that was Ice Cream Social Week
    I can't take it anymore
    It's so hard to resist
  • kinrsa
    kinrsa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If there is candy and cheeesecake there it must be God's will and he wants you to eat all the foods, don't disappoint him

As a missionary I can vouch for this. :wink:

I made caramel apples for coworkers (they get spoiled on all the American holidays they don't celebrate). I didn't eat dinner beforehand. I ate 2 heaping tablespoons of caramel.

So! Who's up for a run in the morning?
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

I hate to do it (but when people have given me food), I've simply thrown it out. I knew if I let it hang around, I would eat it.

The candy is just leftover for anyone who wants it. I'll put it out for the youth group on Wednesday night, there won't be any leftovers after the teenagers get done with it.

The pumpkin cheesecake was specifically given to me but I've told everyone to have some and eat it all up. I had one very tiny piece today and it was delicious.
  • stormylynn32
    stormylynn32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think dentists will sometimes pay you for bringing candy in. Keeps it out of kids' mouths.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

The candy is just leftover for anyone who wants it. I'll put it out for the youth group on Wednesday night, there won't be any leftovers after the teenagers get done with it.

The pumpkin cheesecake was specifically given to me but I've told everyone to have some and eat it all up. I had one very tiny piece today and it was delicious.

See, you know exactly how to handle it!! Good for you, yay!! :drinker:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

^ This.... :laugh: