What to do with a rotisserie chicken???

Options
2»

Replies

• linusr
    linusr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    make soup
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    SOUP. :) I looove soup. Have it on a sandwich roll. Chicken salad. Chicken wraps. Chicken burritos 8)
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    Shred it with Red Hot and hidden valley ranch packet for buffalo chicken ....use in a wrap, or a lettuce wrap even lower in cals.
    Can shred also for chicken salad with low fat mayo, celery cranberries onions ,....etc.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Save the bones in your freezer, and make chicken stock when you have a couple carcasses in there.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I would start with chicken fajitas. Second day maybe some chicken salad wraps. Third day I'd stick the carcass in a pot of water with some carrots, onions, turnips, seasoning, and some chicken broth and turn it into an epic soup.
  • Findingmyathlete
    Findingmyathlete Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Gyros!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    last night i made chicken salad (not with rotisserie chicken but it's still chicken). grey poupon with horseradish instead of mayo, capers and reduced fat crumbled feta and it was quite tasty. so if you have chicken left over try this.
  • christiemon
    Options
    I just bought one the other day, chopped it up (minus the skin) and made some chicken salad with it. I take plain Greek yogurt, onion poppyseed dressing, chopped almonds, sliced grapes. salt and pepper and mix together. My husband eats as a sandwich and I eat over lettuce. I also love to turn a rotisserie chicken into soup as well.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I made Thanksgiving Casserole with leftover roast chicken last night.

Thanksgiving Casserole

Serves 6

Ingredients:
    1 (6 oz) package stuffing mix
    2-3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
    8oz fresh mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
    small onion, diced
    2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
    1 (12 oz) jar or (10.5 oz) can of turkey gravy
    1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
    1 small (2.8oz) can of French’s French fried onions

Directions:

Coat 9x13” pan with tin foil or spray with non-stick.

Prepare stuffing as directed on package and layer on the bottom of the pan.

Saute mushroom and onion

In bowl, mix poultry, gravy and soup. Add cooked veg and season with pepper. Pour over stuffing.

Top with green beans and fried onions.

Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
  • Bigstar03
    Bigstar03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Make some Chicken Gumbo. I use turkey sausage in it and add brown rice.
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I always make a low-calorie chicken salad with it!!

Mayo with olive oil
    Celery
    onion
    seasoning
    anything else you want!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Chicken wild rice soup!

I've used this recipe - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/wild-rice-soup-iii/ to great success before. I make it with the following substitutions: add carrots, reduce butter to 1 Tbsp, use 2% milk (if you use skim, it will be fairly watery), and reduced-sodium chicken broth.
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    I see lots of people have recommended something similar, but I'll tell you how my mom used to make burritos with leftover chicken; Shred the chicken up with two forks then put aside, chop an onion and jalapeno pepper (bell if you dont like spicy) into thin strips and chop a garlic clove or two finely and put it in a pan with butter(or low calorie butter flavored spray) then saute until almost soft, add the chicken and cook until veggies are as soft as you like them. Put in flour tortillas (try not to overfill its easy to do!) and serve with re-fried beans on the side (You can mash them up by themselves to avoid extra calories) or you can put the beans in the burrito too. My family doesn't go crazy with burrito dressings, but of course you can add the usual avocado, a sprinkle of lime juice, and salsa even some lettuce for extra veggies.
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    Chicken Enchilada Soup