Ear Stretching

Options
I started stretching my ears about three months ago. I started out at a 12g and quickly moved on to a 10g about three weeks later with no pain at all. I've been at a 8g for almost two months now. Yesterday, I decided I wanted to move on to a 6g but experienced quite a bit of pain, so I decided to just stay at a 8g for now. I use tapers to stretch and then switch to plugs a week or so after. I clean my ears twice a day with Gauge Gear 100% Organic Stretching Balm. My question is, why am I experiencing pain this time when trying to stretch to a larger size? Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Bump.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    sorry never done it but i will bump this for you
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    sorry never done it but i will bump this for you

Thank you. <3
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think you'll have better luck if you find some body modification forums. They usually have experts on there who could help you.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Just out of pure curiousity, why are you stretching your ears? I'm not judging you, I just don't understand the fad.
  • bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There's a huge jump from 8g to 6g. It's the first jump that has a large difference in it. I still remember going from 8 to 6 and that was nearly a decade ago for me. (i'm at 1/2" now) The larger you go, the bigger jump between gauges.
    I'd suggest waiting to gauge until your ears are loose at your current gauge. Make sure you have steel tapers if your ears or body are sensitive or have trouble healing. Slather the taper with lube, vaseline or bag balm before you try and slide them in. Also massage your ears with whatever you've chosen as well before you start. You want things lubricated and moisturized so they don't crack. You're doing it right by waiting a week or so before you put in plugs.
    The larger you go, the longer you are going to have to take in between gauges. It also make take longer if your skin is not elastic. I was able to gauge fairly quickly (about once every few months) whereas my wife has to wait 6 months to a year between gauges. It's just the difference in how our bodies heal. It will hurt a bit but do not push it! You don't want to end up with a crack or serious damage to your earlobes.
    Just for my own curiosity, what's your goal gauge?
    If you have any more questions feel free to pm me. :)
    Hope this helps!
  • bloodysore
    Options
    Just out of pure curiousity, why are you stretching your ears? I'm not judging you, I just don't understand the fad.
    I can't answer for the OP, but for me I find it hot. It's like body piercings, some of us find it attractive. :) I also gained earlobes! (before my lobes were attached and went straight across)
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. What do your ears look like without the plugs? Does the skin just hang there? Don't mean to pry, I just have never been able to ask these questions before and have always wanted to know!
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. What do your ears look like without the plugs? Does the skin just hang there? Don't mean to pry, I just have never been able to ask these questions before and have always wanted to know!

if i take mine out they look like a cats *kitten*. (i wear 2g)
  • bloodysore
    Options
    Haha! No worries!
    It doesn't really hold the shape of a circle or hole. It becomes kind of a slit? I don't take them out much. When you first stretch and are at smaller gauges it looks like a cat butt! That part's not hot at all, lol!
  • starjumper12
    Options
    i personally don't do, but my dh does. he finds that there are a lot of things that can affect him moving around through sizes (his are about the size of a looney or a tooney, but he takes them out for work) including general inflammation in the body. like PP said, you want to make sure it's ready before moving on or you can end up with damage that can make it go even slower. he finds that heavy jewelry (mostly stone) helps as well as silicone tunnels - they're soft but put gentle pressure on it from the inside. he also makes sure he lube it up really well, especially because his are in and out so often.
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    Wow I had no idea! I always figured that without the plug you'd have these dangling loops of skin. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Haha! No worries!
    It doesn't really hold the shape of a circle or hole. It becomes kind of a slit? I don't take them out much. When you first stretch and are at smaller gauges it looks like a cat butt! That part's not hot at all, lol!

mine look like a slit too if i leave them out overnight. other wise its total cat butt.
  • bloodysore
    Options
    Wow I had no idea! I always figured that without the plug you'd have these dangling loops of skin. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    I've seen some that do look like that but you have to be at like 3/4" or larger. I have a friend who wears 1", his are dangling loops of skin (that is a great description!)
  • bloodysore
    Options
    Haha! No worries!

mine look like a slit too if i leave them out overnight. other wise its total cat butt.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees the cat butt!
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I didn't know much about the whole gauging process, so I took tapers that went from 18 to a 4 straight through my ears. It hurt, but not as bad as I thought it would. Well... I tore my ears in the process. So for a long time my ears looked like vaginas :blushing: They're normal now, in fact one ear is closed completely. This is completely off point. Aside from the jump of 8 to 6 being pretty big, you might have scar tissue which has a lot less elasticity and is more sensitive.
  • r0se125
    r0se125 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    when i gauged mine i would take a hot shower and rub my lobes and massage them. then put them threw. it would sting for a little big but after a day it barely hurt at all. hope you get them threw. makes me want to re gauge mine out lol
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I would like to know too. I've seen people who do this... and I do not understand the reason they would want to do this. One person I saw like this had his ears hanging below his shoulders. I just don't understand. But... I'm not judging. Just curious.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

The one guy I saw like this wasn't wearing anything in his ears at the time... but, he had stretched them so much, that they were dangling. Maybe that was just him, though.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    When I went from 8 to 6 it was awful. You need increasingly longer time frames between sizes as they get bigger. I would wait another 1-2 weeks then try again, after a hot shower.

I currently have 0G. Well. I left them out for a couple of days and I got a 0G back in one but I always have problems with my right ear so I put a 2G in just to hold it until I can work it back in. I've been around 0G for over a year with no plans to increase.

A lot of people are questioning the reasoning behind it. For me, I like the aesthetic appeal. Mine are as large as they are going to go and I happen to like how it looks on me. I wear plugs more often than I ever wore earrings, and it fits my sense of style better. I also have tattoos and like chunky jewelry. -shrug-