Not all NSVs are good...

Options
Super_Cee
Super_Cee Posts: 12 Member
I lost favourite ring today! Damn, I knew it was getting loose... Anyone else with *annoying* NSVs?

Replies

• nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yeah, I have spent so much on temporary clothes this year. I get thrift stores and clearance as much as I can but it adds up when you drop 127 lbs in 14 months. And, it's starting to get cold here and all of my coats and sweaters are too big.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    Yeah, I have spent so much on temporary clothes this year. I get thrift stores and clearance as much as I can but it adds up when you drop 127 lbs in 14 months. And, it's starting to get cold here and all of my coats and sweaters are too big.

Not sure about the coats, but if you know someone with a serger (sewing machine), they could probably take up the side seams and alter away several sizes. Just a thought. I did it to a few sweaters that were just to pretty to give away! I began my journey at 315 pounds and am now 201 (I can TASTE the '1'zies).
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    hehe, I started losing weigh because I couldn't afford to buy new clothes after having a baby. SO THANKFUL to have blown right past my pre-preggo weight... but now I STILL need new clothes! smaller ones!! :)
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    FREEZING!!! All the time!
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Most people would say this is good but it is damn annoying ..

My pants are constantly falling down. This was once an NSV for me because I'd never needed a belt before .. Buuttt, some of my work pants (which is what I wear almost everyday) don't have belt loops which means no belt.

I find it frustrating and am VERY self conscious about having to yank up my pants every time I feel them slip or get up from a chair - UGH!!

I know the solution - go buy new clothes but my whole plan was not to spend money during my "transition stage" and go wild once I hit goal weight!!! *end rant*

Thanks for the awesome thread ;) And I'm so sorry to hear about your ring!! I stopped wearing mine due to the same fear..
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    I lost favourite ring today! Damn, I knew it was getting loose... Anyone else with *annoying* NSVs?

I did that too! A few years ago ... my engagement ring ... $10,000 ring slipped off in some wrapping paper in the bottom of a trash bag. We narrowed it down to that being the ONLY place it could be, and since we had taken the trash out to the big dumpster earlier in the day, my husband jumped into the dumpster, dug around and found OUR trash (yes, it was gross) and there, in the bottom of the bag, with some broken glass, was my ring. So LUCKY to have found it and to have a husband that would root around in a dumpster LOL! I hope you find yours.
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    All of my clothes are too big. I don't want to buy new ones because they won't last long. I bought a pair of jeans from a thrift store 2 weeks ago and they are too big already. Too big clothes are almost as unflattering as too tight clothes are.

I also can't wear my favorite ring anymore. I got it last Christmas and it's so pretty, but I'm afraid I'll lose it if I wear it. I don't want to get it re-sized yet, as I am still losing weight and don't want to have to keep going back and having it resized.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I lost my wedding band, it was loose but I wanted to wear it any way.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have to wear my engagement ring on my middle finger!
  • tree618
    tree618 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey, I am new here, what does NSV stand for?:blushing:
  • hazelann_pt
    hazelann_pt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it mean Non-Scale Victory. Not sure though.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Yep - Non-Scale Victory.

Realizing I bought too many lightweight coats for this time of year, and they will be too big in 2 months.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I decided to lose weight was because I wasn't able to fit in all of my clothes and I didn't want to spend the money to buy new ones. Now my formally tight clothes are loose. So I may have to buy new clothes anyway--curses (and hooray).
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Freezing and being in the unholy world of 'Between plus size and not.' FML. LOL
  • Freakbunny
    Freakbunny Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a little bit so far, but my summer pants that were too tight last summer are way too loose for this summer. With Christmas coming up, the last thing I want to do is spend money on new clothes for work.

I'm going to have to go to all the 'op shops' I can find and keep my fingers crossed that I find something.

Exciting that the weight after all these years is disappearing but so frustrating at the same time, why oh why did I throw out my old tight clothes? lol
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had to stop wearing my wedding ring because i knew i'd lose it soon if i continued to wear it. My wife is ok with it but it really upset me in a way i never thought it would! i was never bothered about having a wedding ring from the start but now ive gotten so used to it i feel like gollum :(
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Most people would say this is good but it is damn annoying ..

My pants are constantly falling down. This was once an NSV for me because I'd never needed a belt before .. Buuttt, some of my work pants (which is what I wear almost everyday) don't have belt loops which means no belt.

I find it frustrating and am VERY self conscious about having to yank up my pants every time I feel them slip or get up from a chair - UGH!!

I know the solution - go buy new clothes but my whole plan was not to spend money during my "transition stage" and go wild once I hit goal weight!!! *end rant*

Thanks for the awesome thread ;) And I'm so sorry to hear about your ring!! I stopped wearing mine due to the same fear..

Get them tailored a bit! A few tucks at the waist will do wonders, and it will tide you over a bit more until you buy a new set of clothes.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Same with me and the clothes... So I need a new winter jacket..and odd...my shoes/boots are a lil big now too. Its nice but a lil expensive to buy new stuff....and I am not sure I want to give away the stuff that is to big ....not just yet ;)
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have three beautiful rings that I can no longer wear and they all have sentimental value :( they have slipped off my fingers many times at work so I know how you feel!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

i have some lovely dresses that are slowly getting too big as i lower my BF%.... i like the changes to my figure, but i like my clothes!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!