New too!

Options
Hi all

Just signed up last night. Did weightwatchers for a bit before christmas - lost 5lb and put it back over the hols. Decided counting calories is the most straightforward way to keep track of what I am eating and this site looks great! Have cancelled my ww membership and am now tracking day 2 food :)

I am 37 and mum to a 3 year old. I live with my hubby, son and my mum lives with us in an annexe. Sometimes we all eat together and sometimes not - it depends on whether I am at work or not mostly - I do 2.5 days at the start of the week. I am trying to bring packed lunch to work (new years resolution) so I will continue but try to do it more healthily. It saves money too!

Part of the problem is having biscuits and cake around (my mum always has something sweet after her meals)! I have got into the bad habbit of joining her and more and in the past 6 months since we have been house sharing I have put on about 14lb - eek! I have to learn to resist of grab fruit instead (we always have it around but it is less appealing)!

I want to loose 28lb or so - wish me luck!

Will go for now - looking forward to chatting :)

Jane x

Replies

• birgithooker
    Options
    Good luck to you Jane and welcome to the site. Over the holidays my mother-in-law came to visit and of course she can't come without food. I had made a batch of sugar cookies because I figured she'd want something sweet. Well she came and packed a whole variety of unhealthy food, like homemade mac and cheese and fried turkey to bring on her trip and of course it got left at our home. It was horrible. I just fought the temptation and only took small portions and left most of it for my husband to eat. She always has cookies or candy in her home. And what's worse is she's diabetic, so it's not a good combination. I wish you the best of luck.