Went shopping =)

Options
Bought very healthy foods.. spinch, tomatoes,mushrooms, salad leaves etc.. :)

One problem! I have NO idea what to do with spinach? Eat it raw or cooked? Have never eaten it before! Please help! thanks!

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I love it raw. I usually will make a spinach salad with grilled chicken or just add it to my bowl of lettuce for more of a green variety.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I lie it much better in a salad than cooked. I like to replace lettuce with spinach! (more nutrients)
  • iggyinportland
    Options
    I like it wilted. Saute some garlic with a teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan or wok. Then add the spinch in for just a minute. You can also use that no stick spray but I'm against faux food. Or you can chop it up and add it to pasta salad. I put it in the strainer and then dump the pasta and water over the top to wilt it.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Use the spinach as your would lettuce...as a salad or put it on sandwiches as a condiment.
    For cooked I enjoy it (and mushrooms) over a baked potato, in an omlet or "stuffed" into chicken breasts.
    I eat spinach a lot but what I cant do it just eat it plain :-)
    experiment with it.....good luck!
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    I loooove baby spinach and like to eat it raw from the package! :laugh: I use it in salads and on sandwiches as well.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how much truth there is to the whole idea that nutrients in spinach are much better absorbed by our bodies when eaten cooked instead of raw?
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I buy the baby spinach and use it for salad w/ tomatoe and avacado... ,mmm.. or I chop it up and put it in my omlettes... Mmmmm! Spinach lasagna.. yeah.. I'm hungry.. I think I better go put something in my stomach..:embarassed: