Running in a Sports Bra/ Crop top?

Options
Soo I was just wondering... Do you guys think it's "slutty" for a girl to be running around the block in a sports bra and shorts? It's fairly hot where I live, and I was just thinking - If you've worked for your body, why not show it off? Lol. Thoughts? Ps - I don't run in just a sports bra :P

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's "slutty" at all. I've seen women of all shapes and sizes running with nothing but a sports bra as a top. I wish I had the confidence to do the same, cuz it did get hot this summer!
  • kimmysueneal
    kimmysueneal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If I could get away w/ it w/o feeling super self conscious, I totally would! I see guys running shirtless in bootie shorts all the time! LOL If they can do it, so can we!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's slutty about it and that's how I run all the time; I'd over heat in anything more.

Edit: maybe b/c I lived in Cali and Hawaii? IDK...but I also lived in VA and now NC and I never changed into more conservative running gear...mainly b/c of the over heated thing. I sweat buckets when I run.
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    I run in a sports bra all the time. If its hot why not? (And no I did not intend for that to rhyme! lol) Especially if you've been working on your body and are at a place you're proud of, go for it! Slutty would be slo-mo jogging down a crowded beach in a bikini... You have nothing to worry about.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    If guys can run shirtless why can't women run in a sports bra? We get hot too dammit!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's slutty, but if you wouldn't walk around with just a bra on, why would you run in one?

ETA, there are plenty of tank tops that are designed to keep you from over heating. I for one would be annoyed with sweat itchily dripping down my back
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If guys can run shirtless why can't women run in a sports bra? We get hot too dammit!

Yup, I run on the beach everyday. People should dress to their level of comfort. There are a ton of women that jog in their sports bar along the same path. It also depends on where you are jogging.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Not slutty at all in my opinion. Its a small goal of mine to have the confidence to run in a sports bra or crop top next summer after I lose a few lbs and tone up :)
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Pretty much.

I live in Southern California and this is not a strange sight (as someone else alluded to, I think). It's like playing beach volleyball in a bikini. It's not a big deal.

In general, I don't think breasts are a big deal, but Americans are way too scared of them for some reason. People think it's the bared midriff when it comes to this issue, but I'm pretty sure it's all about the boobies when it comes down to it. XD
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If it is, then I must be a slut.

When it was 90 out at 6 am here in IL, I always went out in a sports bra and shorts.. without a second thought.
    I'm hot, and why the hell would I want to make myself hotter, by throwing on a shirt?
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I figure, I worked hard to get this body and I'm so proud of myself, why not show it off? Plus, I probably sweat more than a woman my size should so I just get really overheated in clothes, even in the underarmor gear designed to keep you cool. It keeps my core cool, but then my head and arms overheat. Why not get sweaty in just your sports bra and shorts? Less clothes you'll have to wash later!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    It's not slutty and I don't care what anyone else thinks either. Guys do it all the time and I'm sorry when it's 90+ out even supposed tank tops for comfort are too hot on long runs.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If some guys run shirtless (who really should put it back on) there is nothing wrong in running in a sports bra/ crop. I run in my sports bra especially if it's hella hot.
  • napkinpoem
    Options
    It isn't inappropriate. You're not showing anything that you're not allowed to show.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You better believe I'm doing this some day. That's a goal. Not slutty - it's more coverage than the beach.

Well.... There is this chick at my gym that squeezes her enormous tatas into an Xs bra. If there's spillage
    - it might be slutty
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Considering I have to wear roughly three bras anytime I run, I can't wrap my head around this.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Totally ok.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    If you can pull it off, then go for it!
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

ETA, there are plenty of tank tops that are designed to keep you from over heating. I for one would be annoyed with sweat itchily dripping down my back

Estimated Time of Arrival? Wha????
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I would never consider it slutty if someone went running in a sports bra and shorts. It is completely acceptable - especially if it's really hot there, so why not? Go for it. Like you said, show off what you have worked hard for anyway! : )