fit bit one and aria scale

nikilis
nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
hey yall. just wondering if anyone has the new fitbit one, or aria scale, I just checked it out and as someone who didn't know anything about them, they look awesome. especially the "silent alarm" - I've wanted that since forever.

so what do you think of the one, or just your fitbit in general? I cant wait to get one!

Replies

• nikilis
    Fitbit-One.jpeg
  • nikilis
    really? nobody has anything to say? lol.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    I pre ordered the fitbit one. All I can tell you right now is that I'm looking forward to getting it.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Fitbit one isn't available yet. only available now for preorder and they were supposed to ship late October, now they are saying mid-November.
    If you search for fitbit, a lot of people have been using the current version (which is being discontinued once the One is out) and while they sometimes complain about temporary synching problems they generally are enthusiastic about it. That's what sold me. Other HRMs have their loyal followers as well though.
    The aria isn't something I considered buying, so my research ended with the One.
  • bump
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    I have nothing to say about the Fitbit, but I can say that those glasses you have are super stylish.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    I have a fitbit ultra, I love it! I never take it off, except to shower and charge it. I might upgrade to fitbit one but I'm content with my regular fitbit for now.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    I have an aria scale, a fitbit ultra and a BodyMedia. The BodyMedia costs more, but is well worth it in my opinion. It is more accurate with a wider range of activities (like biking, kayaking and weight lifting). If money is an issue, the Fitbit is an effective and motivating tool too. The aria scale is OK, I love that my weight is recorded automatically, but now that I no longer use my fitbit, I wish I went with the BodyMedia compatible Withings scale.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your purchase.

I have to look into the silent alarm, I've never heard of it.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    I love my Fitbit Ultra (his name is Felix by the way, his predecessor Frank had a holiday in the washing machine). I have panic attacks if I've taken him off and forgotten where I've put him (I did that this morning, he was happily charging on the dock).

I'd love the Aria scale, I don't quite trust my own. It's such a lot of money though - I'd love to hear if anyone uses it and thinks it's worth it.
  • nikilis
    I love my Fitbit Ultra (his name is Felix by the way, his predecessor Frank had a holiday in the washing machine). I have panic attacks if I've taken him off and forgotten where I've put him (I did that this morning, he was happily charging on the dock).

I'd love the Aria scale, I don't quite trust my own. It's such a lot of money though - I'd love to hear if anyone uses it and thinks it's worth it.

for a second I thought you were talking about your new dog. I was like how did his dog get into the.... oh right.
  • nikilis
    I have an aria scale, a fitbit ultra and a BodyMedia. The BodyMedia costs more, but is well worth it in my opinion. It is more accurate with a wider range of activities (like biking, kayaking and weight lifting). If money is an issue, the Fitbit is an effective and motivating tool too. The aria scale is OK, I love that my weight is recorded automatically, but now that I no longer use my fitbit, I wish I went with the BodyMedia compatible Withings scale.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your purchase.

I have to look into the silent alarm, I've never heard of it.

definitely gonna check out the BodyMedia as well, thanks dude.
  • nikilis
    thanks everyone for your input, I know a lot of people use them here (obviously the older version) and just wondered what people thought.

I'm going to get THE ONE as soon as I can as I think it will help me out a lot and get me off the couch :)

Thank you.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    I have an Ultra and I a, upgrading to the one tomorrow. They are available at Best Buy right now :)
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    I have an Ultra and I am upgrading to the one tomorrow. They are available at Best Buy right now :)
  • huge2fan2
    huge2fan2 Posts: 62 Member
    I have the current Fitbit and I love it! I am competitive so my husband and I are always trying to do more than one other by way of calories, floors climbed, and steps in general. It certainly helps to give that extra boost to get up and move more. You get cool badges (via email) for exceeding various goals ( e.g., 20 floors climbed, 15K steps taken in 24 hours, etc.). I am going to look into the upgrade to see what other additions have been added to the next generation...