Anybody heard about Pea Protein mix?

I dont' usually watch Dr. Oz, but I happen to be flipping through the channels and I saw he was experimenting and advertising this Pea Protein Mix. It's apparently suppose to curb your appetitie, and really help you lose weight. I wanted to know some thoughts or suggestions about this. I know a lot of Protein mixes are expensive and more for muscle building purposes, but at this point I just wanted to know if it's an option, or a good option, just to help the loosing weight process. ???

Replies

• Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Howdy! As I read this, I am eating a bowl of oatmeal with some Pea Protein. I bought a big container from Now Foods (via Amazon) earlier this year, and I primarily used it in smoothies. From what I've heard, the protein from peas is a good alternative to soy and whey for those who are allergic to those two. When I was drinking it more consistently months ago, I did notice my muscles would recover more quickly after a work out. I have to caution that the taste is not amazing, so you may want to start off with a half a scoop and work your way up. Cheers!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    I dont' usually watch Dr. Oz, but

I'm not sure you needed to go beyond that point.
  • esl269
    esl269 Posts: 29 Member
    Looks like it'd be a fine choice, if you have allergies. Other than that, though, I don't think there's really much of a difference. There's worse whey protein powders out there, but there's better ones, too.