"17 Day Diet"

knelson422
knelson422 Posts: 308 Member
I just wanted to share with everyone something that is finally working for me. I have been stuck 20 pounds above my goal weight for a year. I talked with a friend who is a health coach for "Sure2Lose" and she told me how she lost 50 pounds (she has always been over weight and tried everything, so I was so excited for her). That program has food you purchase, eat 5 small meals a day, then have a dinner 4 to 6 oz protein and 3 servings of veggies. I am a stay at home mom of 6, that pre-made food is just not in our budget. I gave myself an ultimatum. I have until the end of the year to do this on my own, or I am going to use our tax return to fund the Sure2Lose stuff. So, I pulled out what I learned from "the 17 day diet" again and committed to do it. It is not a diet for 17 days and you are done, rather, a way to show yourself that you can do this and eat this way and make it a real change. I have done it for 17 days and lost 9 1/2 pounds. I feel great, am not starving or anything at all. First 17 days you eat protein and veggies, 2 servings of fruit ( I am a serious candy craver and have not had any candy in over a month now because I am not eating things that make me crave it. If I crave sweet I have fruit or nuts). After 17 days, add in a serving of whole grain every other day, Next 17 days, add more whole grain, then you can add in a treat every once in awhile. It is worth checking it out from the library to see. So, now 10 1/2 pounds away from my goal, I know I can do it by the end of the year. I have exercised my entire life, that is not a problem for me at all. I have run a marathon and 2 1/2 marathons, never been able to lose this last 20 pounds because I was not concentrating on the food part of it. I would be very prideful if I did not acknowledge that there is a very spiritual aspect to this for me this time. I have sincerely asked God to help me, acknowledging to Him that I CANNOT do this by myself because food is an addiction for me and I cant' overcome it without Divine help. If you are struggling, I suggest researching this way of eating and trying it. It has been the only thing that has worked for me. Hope this post wasn't too crazy, I have been stuck inside during hurricane Sandy for 2 days. Prayers for those who have lost so much. We weathered it okay, but there are many who have lost a lot.

Replies

• wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I had similar success (though at a very different stage of my journey) with the Daniel Fast. Doing that prompted me to realize that it is not MY strength that will get me through; I have to fully rely on His strength, because His strength never fails. :)

Congrats on your success. 2013 will be an amazing year for you as you kick it off at your goal weight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!