Halloween Tomorrow... Share Tips on How to Stay Successful

Options
Tomorrow is Halloween. Last year I was successful because I didn't eat a single piece of candy (on just that day).
I also think about how sick it will make me feel.
Just eating one piece is an open door to days and days of uncontrollable binge eating.

Would love to hear your tips and survival techniques.

Replies

• luv2bfitandhealthy
    luv2bfitandhealthy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Halloween and it's candy has been a trigger for me to binge since I was a sophomore in high school (I'm now 37). I would really like to hear what everyone's tips are on this too.

So far, I'm not even going to allow myself a piece. I'm also going to try to get my kids to sell the dentist most of theirs. Four bags of trick or treat candy is hard to resist!
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been doing good so far, people keep bringing in halloween cupcakes and cookies to work hacent touched any! i know it sounds lame im proud of myself, tomorrow is the big test atleast i will be bartending away from candy bowls by the hostess stand!
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    So far, I haven't succumed to candy and cupcakes, etc. My mother in law said that she has candy she is giving us for halloween and wants to get together. My husband can have the candy and other sweets, otherwise, I would just prefer to throw it all away instead of binging on it.

All that candy and sweets makes me sick to my stomach as well as fatter. I am working so hard to lose weight that I am not about to throw it away on binging on cheap candy/sweets.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    its funny cuz i never cared much about halloween candy.. im usually more picky on chocolate/candy.. like i like sees (duh) and dark chocolate and such.. used to love reese's but egh not as much anymore..
    but man sunday night i had a fun size twix and :indifferent: for some reason it was sooooooooooo good...
    havent had one since.. but have thought about getting a bag!!!!!!! but no no no i shouldnt.. ugh
    i think its hard too cuz there small fun size so you think you can have more etc...
    idk deprivation sux too but man they just add up to fast cals wise.. so almost better to have NONE when it comes to that...
    they also say to buy the candy u dont care for (for trick or treaters) so your less driven to eat it!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    ~1 hour of cardio carrying a 35 lb kid on my shoulders, carrying a bag that's getting fuller at every house, then sell the candy to the dentist. double score.