Help need breakfast ideas

Options
I have never been one to skip breakfast. But unfortunately I eat a lot of cereal. I really would like to change up my breakfast for something low calorie. Especially since I eat more later in the evening. I want to save my calories for when I am truly hungry and get those munches. I don't want to do the shakes or protein drinks. All suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks. New to this site and trying to figure out my best foods.

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what kind of cereals you are eating but what about oatmeal. They have weight control oatmeal out now.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! Sweet, healthy, and full of protein.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My new go to breakfast are crustless quiches. I make up 10 or 12 on Sunday night and put them in the frig so I can grab 2 every morning. Low calorie, filling and super easy.
  • jadillow70
    Options
    I am new to this program, but my favorite breakfast is a whole-grain frozen waffle (toasted) with almond butter spread on it along with a banana.
  • NVM87
    NVM87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Special K is a low cal breakfast cereal that I regularly eat for breakfast. Oats are also very good as theyre low in calories and really good for you. i normally have either with strawberries/blueberries. Just make sure you have it with skim milk or low fat not full cream. Also, look on your friends food logs to get ideas.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has some great breakfast recipes - I make the broccoli/egg quiches (from the site) on Sunday and refrigerate and have 2 for breakfast each day - high in protein and has veggies!
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Almond Pancake
    2 TBSP Almond meal
    2 TBSP Ground flaxseed meal
    1/3 cup pumpkin puree
    1/2 egg whites
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 TBSP Truvia
    Mix ingredients together and cook as you would a pancake. This is one serving and about 240 calories.

God bless,
    Karen
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My new go to breakfast are crustless quiches. I make up 10 or 12 on Sunday night and put them in the frig so I can grab 2 every morning. Low calorie, filling and super easy.
    WOW that sounds great would you share the recipe?
  • manda91003
    Options
    I normally have an eggwhite(well one whole egg and 2 whites) and reduced fat cheddar omelet for breakfast..with some pace salsa. It ends up being like 200 calories..and good protein. Also, oatfit(my fav is maple and brown sugar) has 100 calorie pouches of oatmeal. It's whole grain/flax and no sugar. You could have the oatfit and the omelet for 300 calories and probably be stuffed!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    you dont even really need breakfast. I have coffee.
    When I am hungry, I eat...I like having more calories for AHMNOMnomNOM later:bigsmile:
  • HollyEvans84
    Options
    Shoot for a healthy amount of Protein AND Carbs. Don't eat only carbs like Oatmeal and fruit. Thats too many carbs and sugar. It won't get you off to a good start to keep you going all day!

Shoot for 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled with a slice of whole wheat toast! If you can keep your breakfast to a 1:1 ration of carbs vs. protein that is BEST! :)
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick of eggs my fav low cal breakfast is a toasted crumpet with berries and yogurt.
  • dominion24
    Options
    small serve of bakes beans and a piece of toast (wholemeal or seeded bread) or try 1/4 cup oats (poor boiling water over them just to cover - let rest for a minute or so) add 1/4 cup of yohurt, some srawberries and a drizzle of honey...yum!
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i have a slice of whole grain toast with some almond butter...

im not much of a breakfast eater but it makes such a difference to the rest of my day...

also, a vegie/egg white scramble with a slice of turkey bacon and a slice of whole grain toast...
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with one tsp of sugar and cinnamon... Awesome.
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is a peanut butter, a sprinkle of ground flax and apple wrapped in a high fiber, low carb tortilla
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Leftover dinner is always good, and you can't really go wrong with eggs.
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Livingdeadnurse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. So egg whites are better than whole eggs? Does it really cut the calories? I do eat the Special K cereal. Honey oat is my favorite. I tried two fried eggs in Pam with once piece of honey wheat toast plain. I assume the protein fills you up better than if I ate cereal.
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Options

What are quiches? Recipe ?
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has some great breakfast recipes - I make the broccoli/egg quiches (from the site) on Sunday and refrigerate and have 2 for breakfast each day - high in protein and has veggies!

Thanks I will check that site out