Hm. I don't think I look that bad at this weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You do in fact, look great. You have chosen the perfect outfit for your body with the pulled in waist and high neck, flowy bottom. At my start weight (165 for 5'5") I didn't look bad in clothes because I knew how to dress. However, I wanted to look good out of clothes and I didn't at that point.

If you are happy with where you are, that is totally your decision. If you don't have the personal drive to lose weight you aren't going to be successful!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I was afraid of losing my curves too, but trust me when I say that you'll keep them! At 280lbs, I wore a 44DDD, and at 180lbs, I wear a 36DDD. So don't be afraid... you'll lose in awkward places here and there, but at the end of the day, you'll keep your proportions :) You look amazing, keep up the great work!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight there were days I thought I looked good. Now that I'm at goal there are days I think I look fat. *shrug*

But I was worried about the health risks of being overweight regardless of what I looked like, so that kept me motivated.
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with the way you look then go for it. For the longest time I was struggling with wanting to be a certain weight. But now that I have been working out 6 days a week my body is transforming into something that I love. The curves, the muscles. I'm not so concerned with the weight anymore, more my body fat%

No one knows what your weight is except you. What is more important is your shape. You can maintain or resculpt with exercise, mainly weights. I took a pic Sept 2011 and another one Sept 2012. I weighed the same, but my body looked better from shaping. I'm really enjoying this journey since it's not about the scale so much. I also get to eat more since I exercise and not just watch what i eat. Bonus!
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I felt that way around the 160's at 5'3. I still had my curves (and I was STRONG), but was still about size 14. However, my bones seemed rather large (something I didn't notice until losing weight), because my hip bones, collar bones, and ribs were pretty noticeable at that weight, at least to me. And I looked pretty damn good in a sheath dress, if I do say so myself :-P

Granted, I've never been closer than 15+ to my bmi max weight, if you believe in that system.

I think it depends on how you feel about your figure, and of course (as many have stated), how healthy you are in the grand scheme of things. Everyone has a different body composition. If you are genuinely happy with your figure and you get a clean bill of health from your physician, I say roll with it. Being within a certain weight range will not automatically prevent you from having heart disease or diabetes or whatnot, just as not being quite in that range means you're going to die of a heart attack at 35.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    We all have different goals. Some just want to get into a healthy weight range, and others want to take it further, for example- look great in a bikini
    I would just encourage to get into a healthy weight range. (I was having health issues (HBP and cholesterol) at 5'3" between 160-170, even though I ate fairly healthy and was active.. )

And I think that it's awesome that you have self confidence as you are.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :) Good to know that other people have had the same experience, maybe it is just fear of change for me. I am aiming to lose 25 more pounds to start, and then see how I feel from there.

Someone asked if I was just looking for compliments, haha no. I just wondered if other people questioned their weight loss because they already liked how they looked.