New From Canada!

Options
LongMom
LongMom Posts: 408 Member
Hello everyone!

I'm Sarah and I joined yesterday. I'm a working mom of 2 (1 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old girls) who is RE-losing weight. I successfully lost 52+ lbs when I was younger and didn't have kids. I used the weight watchers program and became a lifetime member. This site is similar in that it helps you be accountable for your food and exercise and doesn't promise any "easy magical solutions". I don't have the time and $$$ to join WW again so I'm hoping this does the trick.

I think in order for it to be successful I'm going to need some support, so please feel free to add me to your friends list! I'll be browsing the forums and doing the same.

Best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm a young mom of 2 as well, and also Canadian - I live near Montreal!

This site is wonderful, I'm sure you'll have success!

I'll add you as a friend, if you want. :)

Best of luck to you!
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    HI Sarah!!!:bigsmile:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    See how much fun I'm having at work now! Thanks Kim ;););)
  • Chicki1975
    Options
    Hi!

I too am a mom (of a soon to be 6yr old lil girl) from Canada (Ottawa, ON area) and I also followed the WW points plan in order to lose weight years ago (unfortunately, since I had my daughter, the weight has come back). So... with a trip to Cuba planned for the end of March (believe it or not it is for my ex-husbands wedding) it was time I did something about my weight!

I have used this site for 2 weeks now, just the food and exercise log. Would you believe that I only noticed the message boards yesterday! So far I am loving being able to monitor and plan out meals with the logs. Its amazing how hard it is to plan everything out (from groceries to meals to snacks) but find it rewarding at the end of the day when I see that I made it under quota ;)

Its nice not to have to do it alone... so feel free to add me :)

Best of Luck!!!

:wink: Lise
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Welcome and good luck with your journey.

This site is amazing as well as are the people. I am also from Canada, live in a rural village in Saskatchewan. I am a stay at home mom, with a son who is 4 and a daughter who will be turning 2 in March. We farm and I do books from by house. Have 10 pounds of baby weight still to lose, and then an additional 15 to get to my goal weight.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Hi sarah, welcome to mfp!

You will find lots of support here x
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome from another Canadian! Unfortunately your story sounds all too familiar! I too had a great loss of 50 lbs about a decade ago through WW. Unfortunately my weight found me again. I am finding this to be a great site with lots of support. I am just getting back into the groove and feel really good.

My biggest difficulty is taking time for myself to exercise, which is not a favourite of mine at the best of times!