No calorie counts for weight training?

Options
This may be posted somewhere else, but as I am fairly new to this website, I thought I would ask. Why are there no calorie "credits" for weight training exercises? When I enter a cardio exercise, the number of calories burned comes up and comes off my total for the day, but nothing comes up for weight training. I do 45 mins of weight training 2-3 times a week and other programs have given me numbers to keep track of calories burned.

Has anyone else run into this?

Replies

• elle23
    elle23 Posts: 19
    Options
    I ran into the same thing and I was told to type in "strength" in the cardio search field. Hope that helps!
  • LindaHGreen
    LindaHGreen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started tracking today, and found the same thing. I'm going to do the resistance work, and work out with free weights, but I'm pretty sure I'm burning calories and I'd like to track these efforts too!
  • dbenson48
    Options
    Go under cario, Type in Strength training, add your time and you will get calories burned!:drinker:
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I noticed that when joining last week. As my strength routines usually burn more than 400 calories I just log the workout under cardio instead and just title the exercise as Weight training.

HTH,
    Michelle
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Yes, type in weight training or strength training in the cardio section. It should be there. But I agree with you, it would be easier if the calorie counts were under the strength training section.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    It's harder to generate calorie counts for weight training because it's not a steady state exercise. The amount of work performed (ie, calories burned) is a function of resistance, # of reps, muscle density, duration of rest periods, etc...........:ohwell:

There is an option for circuit training under the cardiovascular exercises, but keep in mind that this is a guestimate with wide variations because of the above variables.
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    Aha! Strength taining under cardio did the trick - thank you!!!

I understand the calorie change is no where near accurate and I'm ok with that. I just wated some sort of token calorie reward for 45 mins of effort. I'll take the 230 calories!

Thanks all again!