Jillian Michaels - workouts

Options

Replies

• lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I agree with everyone - don't weigh yourself. I had my husband hide the scale and I go by how my clothes fit. I'm doing 30DS and C25K and MFP and it works fine for me since I have gone down one dress size and still losing inches. The pants that I'm wearing now which I bought after I went down that dress size are beginning to sag (and I LOVE IT!) :smooched:
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm feeling a bit better, I have about 20 more pounds to lose as well and you all are right I need to go buy a measuring tape asap. I just feel like UGHHHH everything I step on that dreadful scale. You have no idea how many times I want to throw that thing out the window wooo saaaa.

Im wondering, does she only focus on inches?

You don't have to a measuring tape, you can just take regular old yarn and a few pieces of tape. Take the string and wrap it around the body part. Cut so that the ends meet, and then mark with a piece of tape and label the strings. Then you can take your "waist" string and when you are done with each level of the 30DS mark off how much of the string overlaps! I don't think I am ready to really see my measurements in numbers, so the string works great!!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I lost 16 lbs last year with the 30 day shred.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Since Jan, I've lost over 30lbs. And I've done nothing but Jillian Michael's DVD's and eating better. It doesn't come off fast but it does work. And you'll lose more inches than lbs, so get out the measuring tape...it has become my best friend!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Only did 21day the 2nd time, didnt really lose any weight either time.
    z.jpg
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a question to go along with the main one. Are you all just doing the 30 day shred by itself or are you adding in more cardio and weights? Could that also be a reason why you are not losing a lot of weight with the program? Most people I talk to say it is definitely more inches lost than weight but wasn't sure if you are adding more to the program than just the 20 minute a day thing.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't have a measuring tape unfortunately however my jeans are definitely looser so to speak and I do see a difference in my middle, arms, and legs. Just wish the scale would show some type of progress. When I just simply walked 7 miles a day the scale moved but eventually stopped due to a plateau so then I went to Zumba which only got me down 10 pounds and then the plateau hit again and now I'm with Jillian :-/

Get a measuring tape! It's like $2 at the drug store. Personally, I don't give a damn what the scale says, so long as my measuring tape shows I'm getting slimmer!

ETA: for the record, I lost 5 pounds on level 1 of 30DS, which includes 3 inches off my hips, two off my waist and an inch each off my thighs, knees, and arms.

I am getting ready to start level 2!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I don't have a measuring tape unfortunately however my jeans are definitely looser so to speak and I do see a difference in my middle, arms, and legs. Just wish the scale would show some type of progress. When I just simply walked 7 miles a day the scale moved but eventually stopped due to a plateau so then I went to Zumba which only got me down 10 pounds and then the plateau hit again and now I'm with Jillian :-/

They cost 2 bucks at the store. Buy one. I have lost over 40 inches with body revolution. That makes a big difference when the stupid scale doesnt move :)

Forty inches? My entire waistline is 43 inches! How did you lose 40 inches?
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have done so many of her workouts and love them all. BUT the most effective and by far the one that changed my body the most was BODY REVOLUTION. You will not be disappointed, I promise!!!! Good luck !!!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Okay I have a question to go along with the main one. Are you all just doing the 30 day shred by itself or are you adding in more cardio and weights? Could that also be a reason why you are not losing a lot of weight with the program? Most people I talk to say it is definitely more inches lost than weight but wasn't sure if you are adding more to the program than just the 20 minute a day thing.

Personally, I am not doing any cardio in addition to 30DS, except for occasional walking. I am doing body weight exercises every other day, alternating with 30DS.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Use measuring tape, for sure! I'd rather lose inches than weight. And if you're doing her videos, you're definitely losing inches. Good for you, keep up the good work!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've completed 30DS, 6W6P and am 19 days in to BFBM. I do the work outs in conjuction with other cardio like running, cycling, dancing etc but I believe they have really helped me.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/774840-30ds-halfway-through-can-you-see-a-difference

I have done 30DS for 3 weeks now. I am going to keep doing level 2 for a while and then switch to level three probobly next monday. I have gained 3 pounds since starting but I have lost 13 inches. My body fat % dropped 4%.
  • andrea_kearney
    Options
    My coworker and I on the level three of 30ds and we have both definitely lost inches!!!! I did measure myself at the beginning but have not re-measured yet. But I can tell the difference in my clothes. I am like you I obsess over the scale and actually I have gained 3lbs since starting this program. I really wanna stick it out, but I am so looking forward to Turbo Fire!!!!! I have hit a plateau myself and am looking forward to dropping some lbs!
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You all are definetly inspiring me to go buy one or some of her DvD's tomorrow. I started the 30DS last time and only did about half way through and quit so hoping this time I can make it through the full 30 days. Do you do it everyday for 30 days straight or alternate with different workouts? If you do it 30 days straight, do you afterwards do some cardio or weights the same day? Also, which one of her videos are better for strength training? Just curious to see what you guys say, been contemplating what workout video to get and what to do. I have an elliptical at home for exercise or of course could go outside to walk my dog. Thanks :)
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have been doing C25K , completed it once and am going thru it again, I bow to you for doing SHRED, I am scared to death to do it. The last time I tried it I was sore and could barely walk for 3 days. YOU GO GIRL! That's one good reason to get a tape measure, it will motivate you, you'll see results.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You all are definetly inspiring me to go buy one or some of her DvD's tomorrow. I started the 30DS last time and only did about half way through and quit so hoping this time I can make it through the full 30 days. Do you do it everyday for 30 days straight or alternate with different workouts? If you do it 30 days straight, do you afterwards do some cardio or weights the same day? Also, which one of her videos are better for strength training? Just curious to see what you guys say, been contemplating what workout video to get and what to do. I have an elliptical at home for exercise or of course could go outside to walk my dog. Thanks :)
    No More Trouble Zones focuses on strength. I did not do 30 Day Shred for 30 Days straight--took rest days to allow my muscles to recover, so to get 10 days at each level took 36 days. I didn't do anything else while doing 30 Day Shred.
  • tstella224
    Options
    Yes, her workouts work. Please don't go by the scale. I am currently on a 2nd round of her Body Revolution Program and I have gained according to the scale, but that is because I have gained muscle, and I see how much more I am toned. Forget the numbers (I know which is hard to do) but go by how clothes fit.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Jillian definitely works, I lost 6 lbs during the 30DS plus a couple off the waist and hips while noticing very nice muscle definition.. didn't measure other areas. I'm currently doing her RI30 and Yoga Meltdown and looking forward to great results!

Just keep it up. Usually your body retains water after workouts to help repair your muscles.. and of course, you'll need a good balanced diet to help you, so keep that in mind.. as Jillian says, "you can eat your way through any amount of exercise." so be careful there.

:) Good Luck!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    She gives good workout. After I hurt my knee I had to stop all high impact exercises, so with a little creative editing, I was able to come up with my own knee friendly versions of Extreme Shed & Shred (level 1 & 2), Shred with Weights (level 1 & 2), my favorite is a combo of Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism with the strength and ab exercises from weeks 3 & 4 of Ripped in 30, its 43 minutes and I'm cursing her name at the end of it. I am still losing weight. I've lost a total of 42lbs since February doing mostly Jillian Michaels.

P.S., I was losing inches before I started losing pounds, so don't go by the scale, if your clothes are fitting looser, that's what counts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!